When you create a Mijn NS account, you may receive an error message that prevents you from completing the process. We would be happy to assist you in that event.
Message that your e-mail address is already in use
There is already a Mijn NS account with this e-mail address. This may be your account, or you have lost your password. Select the option: 'forgot my password' or contact NS Customer Service.
You do not know your password and/or user name
If you have forgotten your password, the Mijn NS login screen has a link for 'forgot my password'. When you click on this link, you can enter your e-mail address and we will send a mail with a link to that address. To create a new password, simply click on the link in the mail.
If you have forgotten your user name, you can find it in the confirmation e-mail for your Mijn NS account. If you no longer have this e-mail, then you must create a new account. If your user name is the same as your e-mail address, then you may be able to log in with your e-mail address.
You cannot log in using your login data
If Mijn NS does not recognise your user name and/or password, it may be due to one of the following reasons:
- You have made a spelling mistake in your user name and/or password.
- You have Caps Lock on, so you have mistakenly entered your password in all caps or all small letters.
- You have requested a Mijn NS account and have received the confirmation letter, but you have not yet used the code in the letter. You must enter this code within 14 days of receipt via Mijn NS, or your account will expire and you must request a new account.
- You have requested a Mijn NS account, but did not click on the link you received via e-mail within 3 days to activate the account. The account has therefore expired automatically. You must request a new account.
- The system is down for maintenance, so it is temporarily unable to log in. If this is the case, you will be informed via an error message on your screen. Please try again later.