NS self-service ticket machine
- Quick and easy to operate.
- Your ticket in 3 steps.
- You can pay with coins or debit card (with Maestro & V Pay logo).
- At Schiphol Airport and Amsterdam Centraal you can also pay with credit card (only MasterCard and Visa)
Which tickets can I purchase from the self-service ticket machine?
- Singles, Day Returns and monthly passes.
- Train tickets to Belgium, Luxemburg and a selection of destinations in Germany. Select the appropriate button. For more information about international train tickets, see NS Hispeed.
- Press the button with the English flag for an English-language instruction.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- You touch the screen lightly. It is not necessary to press hard.
- Do not lean on the screen as that impedes the operation.
- The payment methods that a ticket machine accepts are shown by the payment method logos at the bottom of the machine's screen.
NS Tickets & Service Desk or a Kiosk with Tickets & Service sign
Did you know that?
- Purchasing a ticket from an NS self-service ticket machine is cheaper than purchasing one from the NS Tickets & Service desk or a Kiosk with Tickets & Service sign.
- An additional fee of € 0.50 is charged to all tickets sold at NS Tickets & Service desks and Kiosk shops with Tickets & Service sign.
- At major stations, NS Service representatives are available on the station to assist you with your travel needs.
About NS Tickets & Service desks
- Operate at major stations.
- Offer complete range of tickets and passes except for the Jaartrajectabonnement (Annual Route Pass) and the NS/OV-Jaarabonnement (NS/Public Transport Annual Pass). However, you can obtain an application package for these passes.
- Provide information about domestic and a number of international destinations. For more information about international train tickets, see NS Hispeed.
- Provide information about the station and the station facilities.
- Provide information about NS passes.
- Information concerning lost or found property should be reported at the NS Tickets & Service desk.
- Provide answers to all your questions about NS’s services.
- Sell tickets without seat reservation for Belgium, Luxemburg and Germany. For personal sales of international train tickets you pay a fee of € 3.50.
- Payment for tickets is accepted in coins and with debit card with (Maestro and V Pay logo). At Schiphol Airport and Amsterdam Centraal you can also pay with credit card (only MasterCard and Visa)
Did you know that?
- Self-service ticket machines are the most convenient and fastest way to purchase tickets.
- Train tickets purchased from a self-service ticket machine are cheaper than those purchased from the counter.
- For additional information, please contact the NS Service Desk or speak to a member of our staff at the rail stations.
- It is not possible to purchase tickets on the train.