NS self-service ticket machine
Our ticket machines are easy to operate, it takes just a few short steps to purchase your ticket. It is useful to know that there are two different types of ticket machines. If you have an OV-chipkaart you can use both ticket machines. To buy an individual ticket or an anonymous OV-chipkaart, you need to go to an ticket machine with the blue sign and NS logo across the top. These machines can be found at all NS stations.
NS Tickets & Service desk
NS Tickets & Service desks or a Kiosk with Tickets & Service sign operate at major stations. Here you can buy tickets and ask for information.
- Provide information about domestic and a number of international destinations. For more information about international train tickets, see NSInternational.nl.
- Provide information about the station and the station facilities.
- Provide information about NS passes.
- Information concerning lost or found property should be reported at the NS Tickets & Service counter.
- Provide answers to all your questions about NS’s services.
- Offer single-use chipcards some of which have a € 1 supplement.
- Sell tickets without seat reservation for Belgium, Luxembourg and German.
- For personal sales of international train tickets you pay a fee of € 3.50.
- Payment for tickets is accepted in coins and with a foreign bank card that has the Maestro logo, a V PAY card or a Dutch bank card.
- You can also pay by credit card (VISA or MasterCard). An additional surcharge of € 0.50 will apply
Did you know that?
- Self-service ticket machines are the most convenient and fastest way to purchase tickets.
- There are two different types of ticket machine. If you have an OV-chipkaart you can use both ticket machines. To buy an individual ticket or an anonymous OV-chipkaart, you need to go to an NS ticket machine with the blue sign and white NS logo across the top.
- For additional information, please contact the Tickets & Service desk or speak to a member of our staff at the larger rail stations.
- It is not possible to purchase tickets on the train.