NS self-service ticket machineConvenient and easy to use
- Quick and easy to operate.
- Your ticket in 3 steps.
- You can pay with coins or debit card (with Maestro & V Pay logo).
- At Schiphol Airport and Amsterdam Centraal you can also pay with credit card (only MasterCard and Visa)
Which tickets can I purchase from the self-service ticket machine?
- Singles, Day Returns and monthly passes.
- Train tickets to Belgium, Luxemburg and a selection of destinations in Germany. Select the appropriate button. For more information about international train tickets, see NS Hispeed.
- Press the button with the English flag for an English-language instruction.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- You touch the screen lightly. It is not necessary to press hard.
- Do not lean on the screen as that impedes the operation.
- The payment methods that a ticket machine accepts are shown by the payment method logos at the bottom of the machine's screen.
Explanation about the touch-screen ticket machine
3 steps to get your train ticket
- Touch your selections on the screen.
- Insert debit card (with Maestro & V Pay logo), or coins. At Schiphol Airport and Amsterdam Centraal you can also pay with credit card (MasterCard and Visa). At all stations there is at least 1 ticket machine where you can pay with coins.
- Take tickets from the tray.
- Select one of the most common tickets like `Single’, `Day Return’, or
If you select `Other tickets’ (in the bottom left-hand corner) the tickets are shown on the screen: `Day travel card’, `Train taxi', `Monthly passes’, `ICE supplement’ and `2-1 Upgrade passes’. At the ticket machine, you can also purchase a ticket to Belgium/Luxemburg and a selection of destinations in Germany. Select the appropriate button.
To purchase the `Single’, `Day Return’, `Weekend Return’, and `Monthly route passes’ types, please follow the steps below.
- Touch the first 2 letters of your destination.
- Select your destination by touching it on the screen.
- Choose 1st or 2nd class.
- Select `Full fare’ or `Discount’. Discount only applies to cardholders with a discount subscription.
- Select `Valid today’ or `Open date’.
- Choose the number of tickets you want (up to four tickets).
- Choose your payment method (fast and safe with debit card with Maestro & V Pay logo) or coins; At Schiphol Airport and Amsterdam Centraal you can also pay with credit card (only MasterCard and Visa).
- Insert your card and follow the instructions on the paypad.
- Take your tickets from the tray.
Press the button `Other tickets' for other card types and follow the instructions on the screen.