NS Tickets & Service Desk or a Kiosk with Tickets & Service sign
Did you know that?
- Purchasing a ticket from an NS self-service ticket machine is cheaper than purchasing one from the NS Tickets & Service desk or a Kiosk with Tickets & Service sign.
- An additional fee of € 0.50 is charged to all tickets sold at NS Tickets & Service desks and Kiosk shops with Tickets & Service sign.
- At major stations, NS Service representatives are available on the station to assist you with your travel needs.
About NS Tickets & Service desks
- Operate at major stations.
- Offer complete range of tickets and passes except for the Jaartrajectabonnement (Annual Route Pass) and the NS/OV-Jaarabonnement (NS/Public Transport Annual Pass). However, you can obtain an application package for these passes.
- Provide information about domestic and a number of international destinations. For more information about international train tickets, see NS Hispeed.
- Provide information about the station and the station facilities.
- Provide information about NS passes.
- Information concerning lost or found property should be reported at the NS Tickets & Service desk.
- Provide answers to all your questions about NS’s services.
- Sell tickets without seat reservation for Belgium, Luxemburg and Germany. For personal sales of international train tickets you pay a fee of € 3.50.
- Payment for tickets is accepted in coins and with debit card with (Maestro and V Pay logo). At Schiphol Airport and Amsterdam Centraal you can also pay with credit card (only MasterCard and Visa)