RailrunnerChildren travel for € 2,50
- For children aged 4 to 11 accompanied by an adult (aged at least 18).
Where to Purchase
- NS self-service ticket machine
- NS Service Desk (additional fee € 0,50)
- A Railrunner ticket is valid for one day on the same route (within the Netherlands) and in the same class as the valid ticket of the accompanying adult.
- On some routes a National Multi-Journey Zone ticket or 'Sterabonnement' serves as a valid ticket on the train.
- Railrunner: €2.50 per child.
- A maximum of three children per accompanying adult are allowed to travel at the Railrunner rate.
- Tickets for additional children may be purchased at a 40% discount.
- On the ICE International you must also pay the supplement for Railrunner(s).
- Railrunner tickets are not valid on Thalys.
Children under the age of 4
Children under the age of 4 travel free of charge provided they do not require a seat
Children aged 4 to 11 not accompanied by an adult
- Children aged 4 to 11 not accompanied by an adult receive a 40% discount on their fare.
You can find out the price of the intended journey using The Journey Planner (under the heading “Reduction.”).