Buying an OV-chipkaart
Buying a personalised OV-chipkaart
- A personalised OV-chipkaart without an NS season ticket can be obtained for € 7.50 via ov-chipkaart.nl
- If you have Weekend Vrij, Dal Vrij, Dal Voordeel, Altijd Voordeel, Kids Vrij, Altijd Vrij of Traject Vrij and do not yet have a personalised OV-chipkaart, you will be given one free of charge
- You will also be given a free personalised OV-chipkaart if you have an OV-Jaarabonnement, Jaartrajectabonnement or Grensabonnement. You do not need this to check in and out, but you can use your card as a ‘key’ to open newly installed NS gates. No money will be deducted from your credit balance.
Depending on what kind of card you have, you may need to carry out a number of actions before you can use your OV-chipkaart for NS journeys.
Buying an anonymous OV-chipkaart
- An anonymous OV-chipkaart can be bought for € 7.50 at the station from NS ticket machines with the blue sign and white NS logo across the top and from the Tickes & Service counters.
- You can also buy an anonymous OV-chipkaart at various supermarkets, tobacconists, the Bruna chain of shops and the service desks of other public transport companies
- You can find the nearest sales points to you by searching online
You can find out what an anonymous OV-chipkaart is at different cards. Depending on what kind of card you have, you may need to carry out a number of actions before you can use your OV-chipkaart for NS journeys.
Buying a single-use chipcard
• The most important thing to be aware of when buying a single-use chipcard
is that you can only buy these tickets from an NS ticket machine (with the blue
sign and white NS logo across the top).
• Tickets can also be purchased from the Tickets & Service desks at major stations.
• There is a € 1 supplement on the four most commonly used products (single journey, return ticket, day travel cards and the AnaarBeter ticket).