Invoice changes 2019
NS strives to make things easier for you, so we have updated our invoices to make them easier to read and analyse. Read about the changes and the time frame below.
Invoice changes per 1 September 2019
Certain changes to the invoice and the attached itemised list will go into effect as of 1 September.
At the bottom of this page, you can find a sample invoice, a sample itemised list, and a template document with sample rules for the transaction overview (csv format). These explain what will change on the invoice as of 1 September 2019.
Main changes to the invoice as of 1 september 2019:
- Regus work- and meeting spaces will be added to the NS-Business Card services. You can authorise the Regus services for your colleagues by activating the service in Mijn NS Zakelijk. When you use the services, the transactions and costs will be shown on the invoice.
- Autocorrection (forgotten check-out transaction that is automatically corrected after a journey based on your travel history) will be shown as a single item on the invoice and the transaction overview, instead of the current 3 items.
- The text in the columns 'Description' (itemised invoice pdf) and 'Travel description' (transaction overview csv) is variable. This text is based on the information provided to NS each month by the door-to-door service partners.
- A column for 'Product specification code' has been added to the category 'Door-to-door services' at the back of the transaction overview (csv). This column displays 4-number codes for the type of door-to-door service product. You can find an overview of these codes and their meaning at the bottom of this page.
- The transactions for the door-to-door services 'Bicycle rental' and 'Bicycle storage' will be shown separately on the invoice.
- If you travel using a NS-Business Card with a Traject Vrij subscription outside of the specified route, then only the transaction costs for journeys outside of the route will be shown on the invoice.
- Refunds for transactions for a specific card holder will be shown in the relevant sub-category on the invoice.
Refunds that are not applicable to a specific card holder will be shown in the category 'Other'.
- In the category 'Train journeys', the abbreviation for the service provider (ex.: ARR or BLN) and the text 'Discount' will be deleted from the columns 'Description' (itemised invoice pdf) and 'Journey description' (transaction overview csv), as this information is also provided in the columns 'Service provider' and 'Reference'/'Off-peak hours discount'.
- In the category 'Bus, Tram, and Metro journeys', information about the mode of transportation and the relevant line number will be moved from the columns 'Description' (itemised invoice pdf) and 'Journey description' (transaction overview csv) to the 'Reference' column.
The text 'From stop' and 'To stop' will also be deleted.
- In the category 'Bus, Tram, and Metro journeys', the abbreviation for the service provider will be deleted from the columns 'Description' (itemised invoice pdf) and 'Journey description' (transaction overview csv), as this information is already provided in the 'Service provider' column.
- The spelling of Arriva will be changed from 'ARRIVA' to 'Arriva'.
- The spelling of Q-Park will be changed from ‘Q Park’ to ‘Q-Park’.
The sample invoices provided show the changes to the invoices for 2019.
Please note: there may be slight differences between the invoice you receive and these sample invoices.