Most frequently asked questions about invoicing
Your itemised invoice and its attachments are made available to you every month in Mijn NS Zakelijk. Naturally, you may have questions regarding the invoice or one of the attachments. You can find a list of frequently asked questions below.
Most frequently asked questions about invoices
How do I view my invoice and the attachment?
Log in to Mijn NS Zakelijk as contact person. You can find invoices and attachments under the menu option Invoice information.
NB. Your username as contact person is usually [INITIALS][LAST NAME] (no spaces). Not working? Then call NS Zakelijk Customer Service to ask for your username.
I see a corrective rate for a forgotten check out for a train journey on my invoice. Can I receive a refund for this?
- Go to “My travel history” if you are logged in as Card holder, or to the relevant card's transactions via Cards and card holders if you are logged in as contact person.
You can request a reimbursement for a forgotten check out for train journeys 5 times a year.
You can also request refunds via the Reisplanner travel planner app if you are logged in as the card holder.
I see a corrective rate for a forgotten check out for a bus/tram/metro journey on my invoice. Can I receive a refund for this?
You can request a reimbursement for a forgotten check out via email@example.com. Include your card number (16 digits) and the travel date in your e-mail. You can request a refund for a forgotten check out for bus/tram/metro journeys 5 times a year.
What period of time have I been invoiced for?
The first sentence on the invoice states “Please find here your NS-Business Card invoice of [month]-[year].” For example, if 02-2017 is written here, then you are being invoiced for all transactions in February 2017. Both travel expenses and fees for season tickets (if applicable for this month) will appear on the invoice. A transaction from the previous month may also appear on the invoice.
When will the invoice I have received be debited?
The amount on the invoice will be debited around 30 days after receiving the invoice.
- Have you (also) received a credit invoice? (you are owed money by NS Zakelijk) We deduct this credit invoice from your open debit invoice (the invoice that you have to pay to NS Zakelijk). You will then be charged for the difference.
- If your credit invoice is higher than your debit invoice, then nothing will be debited from your account. The debit invoice will remain in "Open" status in Mijn NS Zakelijk.
- If your credit invoice is much higher than your debit invoice then it may be a few months before NS actually debits anything from your account. If you would rather not wait, then you can send a 'request for payment' to NS. You can send a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your debtor number (on the invoice) and your account details. You will receive the money in approximately 2 weeks.
- The debit invoices will only be set to the status "Paid" in Mijn NS Zakelijk after all debit and credit invoices have been balanced or you have received your credit balance.
Can I deduct a credit invoice from a debit invoice?
- If you pay automatically via direct debit, please see the question above.
- If you pay via a bank transfer to NS, then you may deduct your credit invoice from your debit invoice and then transfer the remaining debit amount to NS.
- If your credit invoice is higher than your debit invoice and you would like this to be paid out, then you may send a request for payment via e-mail to email@example.com, including your debtor number (on the invoice), the invoice number and your account details. The amount will be deposited to your account within around two weeks.
How do I know which invoice(s) I still have to pay?
In Mijn NS Zakelijk (Logged in as contact person) you can see the invoices that you have received from NS Zakelijk, and you can see which of these have been debited. You can find this under the menu item 'Invoice information'.