Business rates in 2019
View the business rates for 2019. You can also find the rates in the NS App.
Price changes for 2019
As of 1 January 2019, the rates for various train tickets and season tickets will change to reflect the expected rate of inflation and the increase of the low VAT rate from 6% to 9%.
Which business products will be affected by the price changes?
- The prices for 2nd-class one-way and return tickets using the OV-chipkaart, the NS-Business Card, single-use chipkaart, or e-ticket will increase by an average of 1.8%, plus the 3% increase in the low VAT rate for these tickets. The prices for 1st-class one-way and return tickets will only increase by the amount of the VAT increase.
- The following season tickets will increase by an average of 1.8%, plus the increase in the low VAT rate: NS-Business Card with a Traject Vrij season ticket, NS-Business Card with a Trein Vrij season ticket, NS-Business Card with an OV Vrij season ticket. This applies to both 1st and 2nd class season tickets.
- The NS-Business Card dal will cost € 4.36 per month (including VAT).
- The supplement for IC direct will increase from € 2.40 to € 2.60 (including VAT). The 40% discount for supplements purchased at the Supplement Post during off-peak hours will continue to apply in 2019. This supplement will cost € 1.56.
- The price for an Altijd Toeslag Vrij annual season ticket will increase to € 57 per month. An IC direct monthly season ticket will increase to € 69.
VAT rate increase
As of 1 January 2019, the government will raise the low VAT rate from 6% to 9%. That means the prices for all train products currently subject to the 6% VAT rate will be recalculated to include the new 9% VAT rate as of 1 January 2019.
- Season tickets purchased a year in advance will not be affected by the increase in the VAT rate. At the moment, it is unclear what effect the VAT increase will have on season tickets that are billed on a monthly basis as of 1 January 2019. As soon as we receive a definitive decision on this matter, we will update this page with the relevant information.