Deactivating NS Flex (temporarily)
You have an NS Flex season ticket, and you would like to deactivate it temporarily or for a longer period. No problem! Handy if you're going on holiday, or if you won't be travelling with NS for at least a month.
How it works
- Change your NS Flex season ticket in Mijn NS
- Select 'NS Flex without season ticket'
- The change will go into effect as soon as the request is processed. This usually takes around 15 minutes.
- You don't need to visit an NS Ticket Machine to change your season ticket.
If you will still need to travel occasionally, you can also choose a less expensive season ticket for your card.
What is NS Flex without a season ticket?
With NS Flex without a season ticket, you pay no season ticket costs, but you can still travel by public transport when you need to, although without a discount. The costs will be billed via your monthly invoice, just like your current NS Flex season ticket.
Good to know
- You can only switch to NS Flex without a season ticket (or to another type of season ticket) after you have had your current season ticket for at least 1 month.
- If you would like to start travelling with a discount again, you can re-activate an NS Flex season ticket after at least 1 month has passed.
- With NS Flex, you travel on account, so you pay for your travel at the end of the month. If you would prefer to travel on balance (pre-paid), please contact our Customer Service to cancel NS Flex. They are available day and night via tel.: 030 - 751 51 55, Twitter @NS_online or Facebook.