What are Keuzedagen?
NS season ticket holders aged 60 or over can use the Keuzedagen for even cheaper travel 7 days per year.
For holders of which season tickets?
Keuzedagen can be ordered by holders of the following season tickets: Dal Voordeel op saldo, Altijd Voordeel op saldo or Voordeelurenabonnement.
They are not available to holders of NS Flex season tickets.
How many Keuzedagen?
The total number of Keuzedagen is 7:
- one Keuzedag which is valid for the entire season ticket year;
- one Keuzedag every 2 months, which is valid for 12 months.
Every 2 months we will send you an e-mail once a new Keuzedag becomes available. This Keuzedag can then be picked up at an NS ticket machine.
Changes in 2021
From mid-2021 onwards it will not be possible for season ticket holders aged 60+ to order new Keuzedagen. Current recipients of Keuzedagen will retain them until they are cancelled. However, a few changes are being made.
From 1 January 2021 onwards, Keuzedagen will no longer be valid during the afternoon rush hour, but will be valid during off-peak hours. Off-peak hours means:
- Monday to Friday from 9.00 - 16.00 and 18.30 - 6.30 hrs
- All day during weekends and on public holidays
The validity of Keuzedagen is also changing:
- As of 30 October 2020, the Keuzedagen that you receive every 2 months will remain valid for 12 months.
- When Keuzedagen are extended from the middle of 2021, onwards, all Keuzedagen will have the same validity as the annual Keuzedag. This means that all 7 will be valid until the end of the season ticket year.