What are Keuzedagen?
Keuzedagen (Optional days) enable NS season ticket holders aged 60 years or more to travel 7 days a year extra cheaply by train. Keuzedagen can be used for any train journey in the Netherlands, whether from Maastricht to Groningen or from Zutphen to Apeldoorn.
Season ticket holders with one of the following season tickets may order Keuzedagen:
- Dal Voordeel (Off-peak discount) on balance
- Altijd Voordeel (Continual discount) on balance
- Voordeelurenabonnement (Off-peak discount season ticket)
When are Keuzedagen valid?
Keuzedagen are valid during off-peak hours, which are as follows:
- Monday to Friday from 9.00 - 16.00 and 18.30 - 6.30
- All day on weekends and public holidays
What types of Keuzedagen are there?
You get 7 Keuzedagen every year.
- You will initially receive two Keuzedagen that are valid for 12 months. You will then receive a new Keuzedag every two months
We'll send you an e-mail every two months to let you know that you can download a new Keuzedag at an NS ticket machine.
What does it cost?
You pay a fixed amount for Keuzedagen. Each year, you receive 7 Keuzedagen that you can use for any distance, whether you want to travel from Maastricht to Groningen or from Zutphen to Apeldoorn.
- 2e klas: € 26
- 1e klas: € 51