Get around town with an e-scooter! Open the NS app now to find one near you. Is this your first time on the road? Have 60 minutes on us with our special promo code.
The advantages of a shared e-scooter
Easy to find
The scooters are available in 9 cities. Book yours in the NS app.
Explore the city on a budget
No plan required and pay as you go. Fair's fair!
A clean, quick and agile way to get to your destination. Ready for the future?
Free credit for 60 minutes
Do you love the idea of exploring the city on an e-scooter? Find the moped in the NS app, register and get the first 60 minutes for free using our special promotional code: NSXCHECK!
- The promotional code is valid until August 31.
- You get EUR 2.50 off six times (6 x 10 minutes' credit).
- When redeemed, the offer is valid for 2 months.
- Only valid when you create a new Check account.
How do I use the e-scooter?
- Open the NS app and go to Near me.
- Check the map to instantly see whether there's a shared scooter near you.
- Found one? Click on the moped to finalise your reservation.
Download the app
Where can I find e-scooter?
Our shared scooters are available in Rotterdam, Amsterdam, The Hague, Breda, Groningen, Leeuwarden, Enschede, Amersfoort and Zwolle. Open the NS app to see whether there's an e-scooter near you. Click on a scooter to select it. The app will then give you directions to get from your current destination to your moped. You'll always have 10 minutes to get to the scooter, so you don't have to rush.
How much do e-scooter cost?
You can rent an e-scooter from EUR 0.25 per minute, with a starting rate of EUR 0.50. In Breda and Groningen, the starting rate is EUR 0.75.
You can park the scooter and pause your ride for EUR 0.10 per minute.
Good to know
- To drive an electric moped, you need a driving license for motorbikes (type A) and / or cars (type B) or a moped certificate.
- You have to park your electric moped within the service area, in the same place where other mopeds are parked.
- When wearing a helmet is mandatory, you'll find two helmets in a case on the moped. Whether you have to wear a helmet depends on the following: On a moped with a blue license plate (max. speed 25 km/h) wearing a helmet is not mandatory. On a scooter with a yellow license plate (max. 45 km/h), it is.