How does P+R work?
At most P+R facilities, you can park for free. At the paid parking facilities, you can easily enter and exit the facility using a bank card, credit card or mobility card. At several facilities, you can already start using our new license plate recognition system. If you have travelled by train on the same day, remember to scan your OV-chipkaart first to receive the traveller discount.
- Drive up to the gate.
- Present a payment card to enter. You can pay using your bank card, credit card, mobility card or NS-Business Card.
- The gate will open and you can park your car.
Exiting the facility
- Drive up to the gate.
- Present your OV-chipkaart for the traveller discount. The discount will be calculated automatically.
- Present the payment card you used to enter the facility. The parking fee will be deducted from your card.
- The gate will open, the parking fee amount will be displayed on the screen, and you can exit the facility. You can also choose to print out a receipt.
License plate recognition
At several P+Rs, You can already start using our new license plate recognition system, making your trip even quicker and easier. If you'd like to find out how this system works, check out our page on License plate recognition at P+Rs.
Train travel discount on parking fee
When travelling with an OV-chipkaart or e-ticket, you can park your car at one of our cheap or even free P+Rs. You'll get a special day rate at some locations, but it'll never be more than € 8 a day.
You're entitled to this special day rate if you travel by train on the same day and use your OV-chipkaart or e-ticket to check in and out. You'll get this rate regardless of what carrier you travel with, so you don't necessarily have to travel with NS. When leaving the P+R, scan your OV-chipkaart or e-ticket first and pay after the system has automatically calculated your discount. Looking for long-stay parking? You'll still get a discount, provided you leave the P+R on the same day as your return journey by train.
*Please note: you can only get a discount with your e-ticket at paid P+Rs with license plate recognition.
Do you have an NS-Business Card with the P+R product?
Then you can pay for parking with your NS-Business Card. The parking costs will be billed to your train season ticket invoice (if the parking option is active on your NS-Business Card). If you aren't sure, ask via your employer or check your Mijn NS Zakelijk account.