How does P+R work?
At most P+R facilities, you can park for free. At the paid parking facilities, you can easily enter and exit the facility using a bank card, credit card or mobility card. At several facilities, you can already start using our new licence plate recognition system. If you have travelled by train on the same day, remember to scan your OV-chipkaart first to receive the traveller discount.
Entering a P+R facility
- Drive up to the gate.
- Present a payment card to enter. You can pay using your bank card, credit card, mobility card or NS Business Card.
- The gate will open and you can park your car.
Exiting the P+R
- Drive up to the gate.
- Present your OV-chipkaart for the traveller discount. The discount will be calculated automatically.
- Present the payment card you used to enter the facility. The parking fee will be deducted from your card.
- The gate will open, the parking fee amount will be displayed on the screen, and you can exit the facility. You can also choose to print out a receipt.
Licence plate recognition
At several P+Rs you can already use our new licence plate recognition system to make your trip even quicker and easier. If you'd like to find out how this system works, check out our page on Licence plate recognition at P+Rs.
Parking at a reduced rate
When travelling with an OV-chipkaart or e-ticket, you can park your car at one of our cheap or even free P+Rs. You'll get a special day rate at some locations, but it'll never be more than € 9 a day.
You're entitled to this special day rate if you travel by train on the same day and use your OV-chipkaart or e-ticket to check in and out. You'll get this rate regardless of what carrier you travel with, so you don't necessarily have to travel with NS. When leaving the P+R, scan your OV-chipkaart or e-ticket first and pay after the system has automatically calculated your discount. Looking for long-stay parking? You'll still get a discount, provided you leave the P+R on the same day as your return journey by train.
*You can only get a discount with your e-ticket at paid P+Rs with licence plate recognition.
**You do not get a discount with international train trips.
NS Business Card with the P+R product
If you have an NS Business Card with the P+R product, you can pay for parking with your NS Business Card. The parking costs will be billed to your train season ticket invoice (if the parking option is active on your NS Business Card). If you aren't sure, ask your employer or check your Mijn NS Zakelijk account.