Rules at the station
In order to make it easier for travellers to keep 1.5 meters distance from one another, we have implemented coronavirus control measures at our stations. Our goal is to offer our current travellers the assurance that there is enough space available to travel safely when they absolutely need to travel.
The measures in brief
- Stay at a distance of 1.5 metres from others
- Keep to the right wherever possible
- Avoid touching surfaces wherever possible
- Allow four steps between yourself and others on escalators
- A maximum of two people should ride in the lift together
- Keep a distance of 5 paving tiles between yourself and others on the platform
- Discard your rubbish at the station and not in the train
Fewer ticket machines available
Due to the 1.5-metre rule, there are currently fewer ticket machines available than usual. We advise travellers to purchase their tickets simply online or via the NS app.
Disinfection kiosks at stations
Starting on 30 June, we will be installing disinfection kiosks at the Utrecht Centraal, Amsterdam Centraal, Rotterdam Centraal, Den Haag Centraal, Leiden Centraal, Eindhoven Centraal, Amsterdam Zuid and Nijmegen stations. This is a pilot initiative. If the pilot is successful, another 12 stations will be equipped with disinfection kiosks. The kiosks are in the form of a large column in front of the check-in gates. The column can be operated with a foot pedal so that travellers do not have to touch it with their hands.
Other measures at the station
- At the moment, we are using a contactless method for issuing OV-fietsen. You can read more about this at the relevant page.
- The station bicycle storage facilities are open once again. We have put a number of measures in place to enable travellers to store their bicycles and employees to do their work safely.