Coronavirus measures for OV-fiets and bicycle storage facilities
At our OV-fiets rental locations and manned bicycle storage facilities we have adopted various measures to allow travellers to safely rent an OV-fiets or store their bike safely.
Rent an OV-fiets safely
Manned bicycle storage facility
- There will always be a clean OV-fiets ready for travellers who want it. The handlebars, saddle and key/lock are cleaned by our staff.
- We follow a contactless issue and return procedure for the OV-fiets:
- The traveller lowers the kickstand to stabilise the OV-fiets then locks it. He/she puts the key and his/her OV-chipkaart on the desk. The traveller maintains a distance of 1.5 metres.
- The employee scans the key and OV-chipkaart. The employee maintains a distance of 1.5 metres. The traveller takes the OV-chipkaart and key and then leaves.
Self-service storage facilities
- OV-fietsen and OV-fiets key machines in self-service storage facilities are cleaned once a day.
- The issue and return procedure for these facilities is already contactless because there is no employee on the premises.
Store your bike at the station safely
- At the entrances to our storage facilities, we have posters informing travellers about the additional rules.
- We use signage to remind travellers to maintain a distance of 1.5 metres.
- Our issue and return procedure and payment procedure are contactless.
- A protective screen is installed at the desk.
Get your bike repaired quickly and safely
- We follow a contactless procedure for taking in bikes for repair and returning them.
- A protective screen is in place at the cashdesk to protect both customers and employees.
- Payment can only be made using a debit card.