Week or weekend season ticket
You can use your student travel product to travel on public transport for free or at a discount, but you must choose whether you would prefer to travel during the week or on weekends.
Free travel during the week or on weekends
Living with your parents? In that case, a weekday season ticket is a great way to get to your classes. Do you have your own place? In that case, a weekend season ticket will probably be more useful.
Combining your student season ticket with an NS Flex season ticket like Weekend Vrij means you can't travel with 1 OV-chipkaart. Make sure to request a separate OV-chipkaart when you order NS Flex.
When can you travel for free or at a discount?
Weekday season ticket
- Free from Monday 04.00 am to Saturday 04.00 am.
- Travel on balance at a discount from Saturday 04.00 am to Monday 04.00 am.
- During the summer (16 July – 16 August) you travel during the week at a discount, not for free.
- During public holidays you travel at a discount.
- On Good Friday you travel for free.
Weekend season ticket:
- Free from Friday 12.00 to Monday 04.00.
- Travel on balance at a discount from Monday 04.00, on Tuesday to Thursday from 09.00 and on Friday from 09.00 to 12.00.
- Travel at full price from Tuesday to Friday before 09.00.
- On the day before Good Friday, King's Day, Liberation Day and Ascension Day you travel as if it were a Friday.
- On public holidays you travel for free from 4.00 to 4.00 the following day.
Go here to see the most up to date information.
Switching season tickets
You are permitted to switch between week and weekend season tickets up to twice per calendar year. You can arrange this via DUO.