The crowding indicator in our NS app shows you the number of people you can expect on a specific train. This is represented using 1, 2 or 3 figures. A red exclamation point next to the figures indicates that the train is shorter than originally planned, so it may be more crowded than usual. That way, you can see if an earlier or later train may be less crowded, so that you can have a comfortable journey.
To activate the crowding indicator in the NS app, complete the following steps:
- Plan your journey.
- Click on the gear icon at the top right of the travel options screen.
- For Android: drag the Crowding item to your overview.
for iPhone: drag the Crowding in the train item to the top.
The app uses the colours green, yellow, or orange to show which compartments still have seating available:
- Green: plenty of seats available
- Yellow: limited number of seats available
- Orange: few or no seats available