Read more about the changes in the new timetable for each province.
An Intercity every 10 minutes
The transfer and departure times are changing for almost all stations between Den Helder/Enkhuizen and Heerlen/Maastricht
More Intercity’s in the early morning and the evening
In the early morning and in the evening, 4 Intercity’s will run between Amsterdam Centraal/Schiphol Airport and Eindhoven/Nijmegen roughly every quarter hour, with transfer options at Utrecht Centraal. In order to make this possible, the Intercity Enkhuizen - Eindhoven will run to and from Maastricht instead of Heerlen and the departure times between Hoorn and Eindhoven will differ from those used during the day.
From Monday to Friday this quarter hour service will run for longer from Utrecht Centraal to Eindhoven (until 23.10 departure), to Nijmegen (until 22.54 departure) and to Schiphol Airport (until 21.25 departure) and from Schiphol Airport to Utrecht Centraal (until 22.18 departure). After that, a half-hourly service will take over. On Sunday, the quarter hour service from Eindhoven to Utrecht Centraal will run for an extra hour (until 22.03 departure).
On Sunday, the direct Intercity Schiphol Airport - Utrecht Centraal - Nijmegen in both directions will start 2 hours earlier (first departure 8.58 from Nijmegen and 10.00 from Schiphol Airport) and will run for one hour longer to Schiphol Airport (until 21.28 departure from Nijmegen). In this way, the quarter hour service between Schiphol Airport and Utrecht Centraal and between Utrecht Centraal and Nijmegen will be provided for longer.
Changed transfer times
- In Roermond, the transfer time from the Intercity from Eindhoven onto the Arriva train to Venlo will be 3 minutes longer. From Venlo to Eindhoven the additional transfer time will be 5 minutes.
- In Sittard, the transfer time from the Intercity from Eindhoven onto the Arriva train to Maastricht will be 4 minutes longer. From Maastricht to Eindhoven the transfer time will be 3 minutes shorter. The transfer from the Arriva train from Roermond on to the Intercity to Heerlen will be 12 minutes shorter and 10 minutes shorter in the other direction.
- In Heerlen, the transfer from the Intercity from Eindhoven onto the DB train to Herzogenrath and onto the Arriva train to Kerkrade will be 15 minutes shorter in both directions. The connections of Intercity’s from Eindhoven with the Arriva regional train and the Arriva express train to Maastricht will change. The connection to the regional train will take 4 to 5 minutes longer, and the connection to the express train will be 5 to 18 minutes shorter.
1 Intercity per hour in the evening and early in the morning
In the evening and early in the morning, there will be 1 Intercity per hour on the route Sittard - Heerlen rather than 2. However, several of these trains will be running to and from Eindhoven.
Changes to connections in Eindhoven
Almost all departure and transfer times at Eindhoven station will change:
- In Eindhoven, the Sprinter from Weert will have a better connection in both directions with the Intercity to Venlo (23 minutes shorter to Venlo and 22 minutes shorter to Weert) and the Intercity to Utrecht Centraal (8 minutes shorter). This Sprinter will have a less optimal connection in both directions with the Intercity to Den Haag Centraal (7 minutes longer to Den Haag Centraal, 4 minutes longer to Weert).
- The Intercity from Maastricht will have a better connection in both directions with the Intercity to Den Haag Centraal (4 minutes shorter to Den Haag Centraal, 5 minutes shorter to Maastricht).
- The Intercity from Heerlen will have a less optimal connection in both directions with the Intercity to Den Haag Centraal (18 minutes longer to Den Haag Centraal and 14 minutes longer to Heerlen). Passengers from Heerlen will be able to get to their destination faster by taking the Arriva regional train and transferring to the Intercity from Maastricht in Sittard.
- The Sprinter from 's-Hertogenbosch will have better connections in both directions with the Intercity to Maastricht and the Intercity to Heerlen. The connection to Maastricht will be 6 minutes shorter (3 minutes shorter in the other direction) and the connection to Heerlen will be 15 minutes shorter (11 minutes shorter in the other direction).