Read more about the changes in the new timetable for each province.
Intercity’s every 10 minutes
Passengers between Enkhuizen/Hoorn and Amsterdam Amstel and further south will reach their destinations 10 minutes earlier as a result. This Intercity will have a short stop in Eindhoven, so passengers continuing between Heerlen and the Randstad will reach their destinations 3 minutes earlier. The transfer and departure times are changing for almost all stations between Den Helder / Enkhuizen and Heerlen/Maastricht
Intercity‘s in the early morning and the evening
In the early morning and in the evening, 4 Intercity’s will run between Amsterdam Centraal / Schiphol Airport and Eindhoven / Nijmegen roughly every quarter hour, with transfer options at Utrecht Centraal. In order to make this possible, the Intercity Enkhuizen - Eindhoven will run to and from Maastricht instead of Heerlen and the departure times between Hoorn and Eindhoven will differ from those used during the day.
From Monday to Friday this quarter hour service will run for longer from Utrecht Centraal to Eindhoven (until 23.10 departure), to Nijmegen (until 22.54 departure) and to Schiphol Airport (until 21.25 departure) and from Schiphol Airport to Utrecht Centraal (until 22.18 departure). After that, a half-hourly service will take over. On Sunday, the quarter hour service from Eindhoven to Utrecht Centraal will run for an extra hour (until 22.03 departure).
On Sunday, the direct Intercity Schiphol Airport - Utrecht Centraal - Nijmegen in both directions will start 2 hours earlier (first departure 8.58 from Nijmegen and 10.00 from Schiphol Airport) and will run for one hour longer to Schiphol Airport (until 21.28 departure from Nijmegen). In this way, the quarter hour service between Schiphol Airport and Utrecht Centraal and between Utrecht Centraal and Nijmegen will be provided for longer.
1 Intercity per hour in the evening and early in the morningIn the evening and early in the morning, there will be 1 Intercity per hour on the route Sittard - Heerlen rather than 2. However, several of these trains will be running to and from Eindhoven.
Extra Intercity’s during rush hour
On working days an extra Intercity will run from Vlissingen to Roosendaal twice in the morning and from Roosendaal to Vlissingen twice in the afternoon. This Intercity will only stop at Middelburg, Goes and Bergen op Zoom on the way. If you are travelling from Vlissingen or Middelburg to the Randstad, these extra Intercity’s will shorten your journey by approximately 15 minutes. The extra Intercity’s will not offer any options to transfer to the Intercity to Zwolle in Roosendaal. If you wish to travel to Breda or further, then you can continue to use the existing Intercity Vlissingen - Roosendaal.
Extra early Intercity
On working days, an extra early Intercity will run from Utrecht Centraal to Eindhoven at 6.10.
Changes to Sprinters
The Sprinter Arnhem - ’s-Hertogenbosch will continue on to Tilburg, Breda and Dordrecht and therefore no longer to Eindhoven, Helmond and Deurne.
The Sprinter Deurne - ’s-Hertogenbosch will be 7 minutes faster between Eindhoven and ’s-Hertogenbosch. As a result, the transfer times to the Sprinters and Intercity’s to Nijmegen, Geldermalsen and Tilburg will change. On working days during rush hour, this Sprinter will continue on to Oss In the morning rush hour, this Sprinter from Oss to ’s-Hertogenbosch will also stop in Oss West, Rosmalen and ’s-Hertogenbosch Oost. When heading towards Oss, this Sprinter will not stop at these stations. In the evening rush hour, when heading towards Oss this Sprinter will stop at these stations but will not when heading from Oss to ’s-Hertogenbosch.
Changed departure platforms
The Sprinter that runs to Oss during rush hour and the Intercity to Nijmegen will leave ’s-Hertogenbosch station from platform 1. During off-peak hours, the Sprinter to Arnhem will also leave from this platform. This will allow more trains to stop near the stairs and will head spread the flow of passengers throughout the station. As a result of these changes, passengers from this train will no longer have a cross-platform transfer onto the Intercity’s to Utrecht Centraal. There is plenty of time for this transfer.
On working days, there will be an extra early Intercity Eindhoven - ’s-Hertogenbosch (departure 5.46).
Almost all departure and transfer times around Tiel and Geldermalsen will change:
- The transfer from the Arriva-trains from Arnhem onto the Sprinters to Geldermalsen in Tiel will take 19 minutes longer. In the other direction, the transfer time will be 18 minutes longer.
- The travel time from Utrecht Centraal to Tiel and Tiel Passewaaij will increase by 6 minutes. In the other direction, the travel time will increase by 5 minutes. This is because the Sprinter will stop in Geldermalsen for longer.
- The transfer from the Sprinter from Tiel on to the Sprinter to ’s-Hertogenbosch in Geldermalsen will be 16 minutes shorter. In the other direction, the transfer time will be 15 minutes shorter.
- The transfer from the Sprinter from ’s-Hertogenbosch on to the Arriva-train to Dordrecht in Geldermalsen will be 26 minutes shorter. In the other direction, the transfer time will be 4 minutes longer.
- The transfer from the Arriva-train from Dordrecht on to the Sprinter to Tiel in Geldermalsen will be 18 minutes shorter. In the other direction, the transfer time will be 11 minutes longer.
Extra Sprinters in the evening
Late in the evening, 2 extra Sprinters will run between Geldermalsen and ’s-Hertogenbosch in both directions. As a result, there will be a Sprinter running between Utrecht Centraal and ‘s-Hertogenbosch twice hourly all evening until 0.00.
Almost all departure and transfer times at Eindhoven station will change:
- In Eindhoven, the Sprinter from Weert will have a better connection in both directions with the Intercity to Venlo (23 minutes shorter to Venlo and 22 minutes shorter to Weert) and the Intercity to Utrecht Centraal (8 minutes shorter). This Sprinter will have a less optimal connection in both directions with the Intercity to Den Haag Centraal (7 minutes longer to Den Haag Centraal, 4 minutes longer to Weert).
- The Intercity from Maastricht will have a better connection in both directions with the Intercity to Den Haag Centraal (4 minutes shorter to Den Haag Centraal, 5 minutes shorter to Maastricht).
- The Intercity from Heerlen will have a less optimal connection in both directions with the Intercity to Den Haag Centraal (18 minutes longer to Den Haag Centraal and 14 minutes longer to Heerlen). Passengers from Heerlen will be able to get to their destination faster by taking the Arriva regional train and transferring to the Intercity from Maastricht in Sittard.
- The Sprinter from 's-Hertogenbosch will have better connections in both directions with the Intercity to Maastricht and the Intercity to Heerlen. The connection to Maastricht will be 6 minutes shorter (3 minutes shorter in the other direction) and the connection to Heerlen will be 15 minutes shorter (11 minutes shorter in the other direction).
Changed routes and departure times
The NMBS regional train Roosendaal - Antwerpen will no longer travel to Lokeren in the weekend, and will also not continue on to Puurs. During the week, the departure time will change by approximately 30 minutes.