Read more about the changes in the new timetable for each province.
Intercity’s every 10 minutes
Passengers between Enkhuizen/Hoorn and Amsterdam Amstel and further south will reach their destinations 10 minutes earlier as a result. This Intercity will have a short stop in Eindhoven, so passengers continuing between Heerlen and the Randstad will reach their destinations 3 minutes earlier. The transfer and departure times are changing for almost all stations between Den Helder / Enkhuizen and Heerlen/Maastricht
Extra Intercity‘s in the early morning and the evening
In the early morning and in the evening, 4 Intercity’s will run between Amsterdam Centraal / Schiphol Airport and Eindhoven / Nijmegen roughly every quarter hour, with transfer options at Utrecht Centraal. In order to make this possible, the Intercity Enkhuizen - Eindhoven will run to and from Maastricht instead of Heerlen and the departure times between Hoorn and Eindhoven will differ from those used during the day.
From Monday to Friday this quarter hour service will run for longer from Utrecht Centraal to Eindhoven (until 23.10 departure), to Nijmegen (until 22.54 departure) and to Schiphol Airport (until 21.25 departure) and from Schiphol Airport to Utrecht Centraal (until 22.18 departure). After that, a half-hourly service will take over. On Sunday, the quarter hour service from Eindhoven to Utrecht Centraal will run for an extra hour (until 22.03 departure).
On Sunday, the direct Intercity Schiphol Airport - Utrecht Centraal - Nijmegen in both directions will start 2 hours earlier (first departure 8.58 from Nijmegen and 10.00 from Schiphol Airport) and will run for one hour longer to Schiphol Airport (until 21.28 departure from Nijmegen). In this way, the quarter hour service between Schiphol Airport and Utrecht Centraal and between Utrecht Centraal and Nijmegen will be provided for longer.
Shorter travel times
The travel time for the Intercity from Leiden Centraal to Utrecht Centraal will be 4 minutes shorter.
Extra early intercity
On working days, an extra early Intercity will run from Utrecht Centraal to Eindhoven at 6.10.
Cancelled early connections
On working days, the early Intercity from Utrecht Centraal to Nijmegen at 6.09 will be cancelled. There will still be an Intercity at 5.54 and 6.24.
Changes to last connections
On Monday and Tuesday nights, the Sprinter Amsterdam Centraal - Weesp at 0.11 will continue on to Hilversum. The connecting bus will now run from Hilversum to Amersfoort (arrival 01.25).
Changed departure times
- The departure times of the Sprinters Amsterdam Centraal - Breukelen - Utrecht Centraal-Rhenen will be changing by a few minutes. The Sprinters from Rhenen to Amsterdam will also have shorter waiting times at Utrecht Centraal (3 minutes), but longer ones at Amsterdam Bijlmer (6 minutes).
- During off-peak hours, the Sprinter from Amsterdam Centraal to Rhenen will depart 11 minutes earlier from Amsterdam Centraal 5 times a day (departure at 6.28, 10.28, 12.28, 14.28 and 18.28). This train will stop at Amsterdam Bijlmer Arena for 12 minutes. Due to the earlier departure time, the direct connection from Uitgeest to Rhenen is no longer possible. A Sprinter Uitgeest - Amsterdam Centraal and a Sprinter Amsterdam Centraal - Rhenen will be running.
- On Saturday and Sunday evenings, the Sprinter Breukelen - Utrecht Centraal - Rhenen will run approximately 15 minutes later. This ensures better connections in Breukelen (8 minutes from Amsterdam Centraal towards Utrecht Centraal, 10 minutes from Utrecht Centraal towards Amsterdam Centraal). In the evening rush hour, 2 extra Sprinters will be running directly from Utrecht Centraal, via Breukelen, to Amsterdam Centraal and Uitgeest at 18.03 and 18.33.
- The departure and arrival times of the Sprinters between Utrecht Centraal and Woerden will be changing. This is a result of changes to the train times for Sprinters between Geldermalsen and Utrecht Centraal. This way, fast continuing connections will be maintained.
More Sprinters during rush hour
On working days an extra Sprinter will run from Houten Castellum to Utrecht Centraal twice hourly between 6.00 and 10.00, and from Utrecht Centraal to Houten Castellum between 15.30 and 19.30. At these times, the number of trains will increase from 4 to 6 per hour (‘a train every 10 minutes’). This extra Sprinter will also run in the other direction, but will not stop at any of the stations between Utrecht Centraal and Houten Castellum. The existing Sprinters to Tiel and ’s-Hertogenbosch always stop at these stations.
At Amsterdam Centraal, there will be a better transfer from Haarlem to Utrecht Centraal because 6 Intercity’s will be running between Amsterdam Centraal and Utrecht Centraal each hour rather than 4. The transfer times will vary depending on the connection.
Almost all departure and transfer times around Tiel and Geldermalsen will change:
- The transfer from the Arriva-trains from Arnhem onto the Sprinters to Geldermalsen in Tiel will take 19 minutes longer. In the other direction, the transfer time will be 18 minutes longer.
- The travel time from Utrecht Centraal to Tiel and Tiel Passewaaij will increase by 6 minutes. In the other direction, the travel time will increase by 5 minutes. This is because the Sprinter will stop in Geldermalsen for longer.
- The transfer from the Sprinter from Tiel on to the Sprinter to ’s-Hertogenbosch in Geldermalsen will be 16 minutes shorter. In the other direction, the transfer time will be 15 minutes shorter.
- The transfer from the Sprinter from ’s-Hertogenbosch on to the Arriva-train to Dordrecht in Geldermalsen will be 26 minutes shorter. In the other direction, the transfer time will be 4 minutes longer.
- The transfer from the Arriva-train from Dordrecht on to the Sprinter to Tiel in Geldermalsen will be 18 minutes shorter. In the other direction, the transfer time will be 11 minutes longer.
Faster ICE during off-peak hours
The travel time for the ICE Amsterdam - Keulen - Frankfurt between Amsterdam Centraal and Utrecht Centraal will be 3 minutes shorter during off-peak hours. The total travel time of the ICE from Germany to Amsterdam Centraal will remain the same for both rush hour and off-peak journeys.
Engineering works in Germany
In 2018, large-scale engineering work is starting on the German part of the ICE Amsterdam - Keulen - Frankfurt. For this reason, the ICE will regularly be diverted and take longer.