Read more about the changes in the new timetable for each province.
The new station Boskoop Snijdelwijk will be opening between Waddinxveen Noord and Boskoop. At this station, the R-net Sprinter Alphen aan den Rijn - Gouda will stop 4 times an hour. On this route, the station Waddinxveen Triangel will open between Gouda and Waddinxveen stations in the spring of 2018
Earlier Intercity direct
On working days, an extra early IC direct will run from Amsterdam Centraal to Rotterdam Centraal (departure 5.49). The first Intercity direct from Rotterdam Centraal to Amsterdam Centraal will run 13 minutes earlier (departure 6.28). In addition, an extra Intercity direct will be running on this route (departure 6.57).
Shorter travel times
The travel time for the Intercity from Leiden Centraal to Utrecht Centraal will be 4 minutes shorter.
Changes to Sprinters
The Sprinter Arnhem - ’s-Hertogenbosch will continue on to Tilburg, Breda and Dordrecht and therefore no longer to Eindhoven, Helmond and Deurne.
The Sprinter Deurne - ’s-Hertogenbosch will be 7 minutes faster between Eindhoven and ’s-Hertogenbosch. As a result, the transfer times to the Sprinters and Intercity’s to Nijmegen, Geldermalsen and Tilburg will change. On working days during rush hour, this Sprinter will continue on to Oss In the morning rush hour, this Sprinter from Oss to ’s-Hertogenbosch will also stop in Oss West, Rosmalen and ’s-Hertogenbosch Oost. When heading towards Oss, this Sprinter will not stop at these stations. In the evening rush hour, when heading towards Oss this Sprinter will stop at these stations but will not when heading from Oss to ’s-Hertogenbosch.
Almost all departure and transfer times around Tiel and Geldermalsen will change:
- The transfer from the Arriva-trains from Arnhem onto the Sprinters to Geldermalsen in Tiel will take 19 minutes longer. In the other direction, the transfer time will be 18 minutes longer.
- The travel time from Utrecht Centraal to Tiel and Tiel Passewaaij will increase by 6 minutes. In the other direction, the travel time will increase by 5 minutes. This is because the Sprinter will stop in Geldermalsen for longer.
- The transfer from the Sprinter from Tiel on to the Sprinter to ’s-Hertogenbosch in Geldermalsen will be 16 minutes shorter. In the other direction, the transfer time will be 15 minutes shorter.
- The transfer from the Sprinter from ’s-Hertogenbosch on to the Arriva-train to Dordrecht in Geldermalsen will be 26 minutes shorter. In the other direction, the transfer time will be 4 minutes longer.
- The transfer from the Arriva-train from Dordrecht on to the Sprinter to Tiel in Geldermalsen will be 18 minutes shorter. In the other direction, the transfer time will be 11 minutes longer.
The intercity to Brussels will go over the high-speed line, starting the 9th of April. Travelers to Belgium can use one of the four direct trains or change trains in Rotterdam.
Eurostar is the high-speed train that connects Amsterdam and London. From London to Amsterdam there will be a super fast Eurostar starting April 4, twice a day. This Eurostar takes you from London St Pancras International in just 3 hours to Rotterdam and in 3 hours and 40 minutes to Amsterdam Central. From the Netherlands to London you still have a transit in Brussels for the time being. Thalys and Intercity Brussels will take you there. At Brussel-Zuid / Midi station you change to Eurostar, which runs through the Channel Tunnel to London St. Pancras International.
As soon as there is agreement between the governments of the Netherlands and the UK about passport control, a direct Eurostar will also go from Amsterdam to London. The expectation is now that it will be at the end of 2019.
Order your tickets here.