Travelling with a motor impairment during corona
You can still request NS Travel Assistance for your journey, but due to the nation-wide coronavirus control measures, some changes have been made to the process. The travel assistant will try to avoid physical contact as much as possible. Since 1 June, travellers in a manually operated wheelchair who need help boarding the train can once again rely on the assistance they need.
- The advice to avoid crowding still applies.
- If you are travelling independently or with assistance, you will need to adhere to the safety measures at the station. For example, a maximum of two people at a time can use a lift, and you have to keep to your right when moving around the station.
- Despite the safety measures, you can use NS Travel Assistance in the usual way, including if you need help boarding and leaving the train with your manually operated wheelchair.
- The meeting points are the same, and you choose the one you want when making the request.
- Because it can sometimes be difficult to maintain a distance of 1.5 metres from the assistant, we advise you to wear a face mask at all times while receiving NS Travel Assistance. Wearing a face mask on the train is mandatory for all travellers due to the limited space in the train.
- If you feel unsafe while travelling, you can report this via WhatsApp or by sending an SMS to the number 06-13181318.
- We are still there for you in these times too!