Outbound and back on the same route
- Convenient if you travel by train occasionally
- Travel without an OV-chipkaart
- Also available as mobile tickets
- The train ticket is valid for 28 hours, from 0:00 until 04:00 the next morning.
- You can stop elsewhere along the route too, as long as the whole journey is done on the same day.
- Children aged 4 to 11 can travel with you for €2.50 on a Railrunner ticket.
Do I still need to check in and out with a Day return on my OV-chipkaart?
Yes, you must always check in and out with a Day return on a single-use smart card.
You need to do this to be eligible for a refund if you are delayed. Unless you check in and out as you should, you will not be eligible for a refund if you are delayed.
Can I travel more than once on the same day with a Day return?
No, that is not allowed.