Joint Journey Discount One-way ticket off-peak hours
Save money by travelling with a NS season ticket holder
40% discount on a single ticket
- No OV-chipkaart needed
- No need to charge your OV-chipkaart
- Travelling together is cheap and sociable
- Now also available as a mobile ticket
- The ticket is for a one-way ticket
- Traveling by train is not permitted with this ticket between 6.30-9.00 and between 16.00 and 18.30
- Only valid with the carrier(s) indicated on the ticket
- Traveling with someone who holds a valid NS season ticket (with the exception of Kids Vrij) or a Student travel product
- Valid for up to 3 travellers per NS season ticket holder
- Only valid in the same class and on the same route as the person with whom you travel together
When can I travel with the ticket?
The ticket is only valid during off-peak hours: on weekdays until 6.30 am, between 9.00 am and 4.00 pm and after 6.30 pm. The ticket is valid throughout the day on weekends and public holidays.
It is not allowed to travel with the Joint Journey Discount on a mobile ticket or e-ticket (home print) during the rush hour, even if the journey has started before rush hour. Does your journey begin during off-peak hours, but do you also plan to travel during rush hour? Then purchase the Combined Travel Discount on your OV chip card at the ticket machine.
How much does my journey cost?
Would you like to know the price of your journey with 40% Joint Journey Discount? Then go to the Journey Planner and enter your journey. A full price of this trip will appear above the travel advice. Click on 'All rates' to see the price of your trip with 40% discount.
Joint Journey Discount on NS International routes
You can use the Joint Journey Discount for the part of your international journey that is within the Netherlands. This discount is not valid for Thalys.
You can load the Samenreiskorting onto your ticket yourself. Choose the option ‘Samenreiskorting’ when buying your ticket via NS International or at the NS ticket machine. The discount will then be calculated automatically for the section of your journey within the Netherlands.