Bicycle ticket off-peak
Take your bicycle on the train throughout the Netherlands.
- The price is the same, irrespective of the number of kilometres travelled by train.
- On the weekends and in July and August, you can take your bicycle on the train all day, even during rush hours.
- Now available as an e-ticket or mobile ticket as well.
- The bicycle ticket does not have to be checked in.
- The ticket is also valid for other carriers.
- Please register your bicycle prior to your trip.
- You can take your bicycle with you from 09:00 and 16:00 and between 18:30 and 06:30.
- Only put your bicycle in the specially designated places in the train. If there is no room there, you cannot take your bike.
- Remove luggage or bags from your bicycle and keep an eye on it yourself.
- Only valid in combination with a normal ticket.
- Not valid in ICE and Thalys and NS buses.
Do I have to pay more for a bicycle ticket if I am on a long train journey?
No, there is a single fare for this ticket. It does not matter whether you are on a long train journey or a short one.
When can I take my bicycle on the train?
You can take your bicycle with you from 09:00 and 16:00 and between 18:30 and 06:30. Notice: when you check in before peak hours with your bicycle, but travel during peak hours, you are also not allowed to take your bicycle.