Holland Travel Ticket
A one-day ticket that is valid in the train, tram, bus and metro. Available as a regular day ticket and as an off-peak ticket.
- 1 day’s travel in train, bus, tram and metro throughout the Netherlands.
- Buy an off-peak Holland Travel Ticket for € 44 and travel with it on weekdays before 06:30, between 09:00 and 16:00, and after 18:30. Valid all day at weekends and public holidays.
- Or choose a Holland Travel Ticket, which lets you travel for € 64 in the train, bus, tram and metro any day of the week, also during rush hours.
- Available at the NS ticket machines, the NS Tickets & Service Desks or online.
- Did you purchase the Holland Travel Ticket online? You will receive a voucher. With this voucher you have to collect your Holland Travel Ticket at one of the participating stations, of which you can find an overview on the FAQ page.
- The Holland Travel Ticket is not valid for Thalys
- Only valid for Intercity direct and ICE if a supplement is purchased
Where can I redeem my voucher?
You can exchange your voucher for a Holland Travel Ticket at the NS Tickets & Service desks and at the ticket machines at the following train stations: Almere Centrum, Amsterdam Amstel, Amsterdam Centraal, Amsterdam Sloterdijk, Amsterdam Zuid, Den Haag Centraal, Eindhoven, Haarlem, Maastricht, Rotterdam Central, Schiphol Airport and Zaandam.
Who is the Holland Travel Ticket for?
The Holland Travel Ticket is intended for foreign tourists, but anybody can use one (i.e. Dutch people might use it as well).
Is a Holland Travel Ticket also valid in Intercity direct, Thalys and/or ICE?
The same rules apply to a Holland Travel Ticket as to an ordinary NS day return. It is not valid on Thalys and can only be used on the Intercity direct and ICE if you purchase a supplement.
How do I use a Holland Travel Ticket to travel?
Travelling with a Holland Travel Ticket is the same as travelling with an ordinary single-use smartcard. You check in and out with each separate carrier.