Take a Single ticket to your destination
- You do not use the train that often? Then just buy a Single ticket.
- If you do not have an OV-chipkaart, use a single-use smart card or e-ticket
- Valid from 00.00 one day to 04.00 the next morning
- You can break your journey, though, provided you complete it the same day
- Children under 4 years may travel for free. For children 4-11 years old, Railrunner tickets are available for € 2,50.
Do I still need to check in and out with a Single ticket on my single-use smart card?
Yes, you must always check in and out with a Single ticket on a single-use smart card.
You need to do this to be eligible for a refund if you are delayed. Unless you check in and out as you should, you will not be eligible for a refund if you are delayed.
Is a Day return cheaper than buying 2 singles?
A return costs the same as 2 single journeys, but you pay a € 1 surcharge twice if you buy 2 single journeys on a single-use smart card, but only once if you buy a return.
What international tickets are valid with/available from NS to travel on the Dutch section?
The table below shows all domestic tickets which NS sells and/or are valid on NS trains, plus on what other trains and by what foreign operators they are accepted.
Table of domestic tickets available with NS (PDF, 48 kB)
What domestic tickets are valid with/available from NS?
The table below shows all the tickets NS sells and/or are valid on NS trains (NS Passengers), and also what other operators accept them on their trains.
Available tickets with NS (PDF, 32,8 kB)