Joint Journey Discount Return ticket off-peak hours
Save money by travelling with an NS season ticket holder.
40% discount on a single ticket
- No OV-chipkaart needed
- Travelling together is cheaper and more fun
- Now also available as a mobile ticket
- The ticket is for a return journey
- Traveling by train is not permitted with this ticket between 6.30 - 9.00 and between 16.00 - 18.30
- Only valid with the carrier(s) indicated on the ticket
- Traveling with someone who holds a valid NS season ticket (with the exception of Kids Vrij) or a Student travel product
- Valid for up to 3 travellers per NS season ticket holder
- Only valid for the same class and route as the person you travel with
When can I travel with the ticket?
The ticket is only valid during off-peak hours: on weekdays before 6.30, between 9.00 and 16.00 and after 18.30. The ticket is valid throughout the day on weekends and public holidays.
It is not allowed to travel with the Joint Journey Discount on a mobile ticket or e-ticket (home print) during peak hours, even if the journey has started before peak hours. Does your journey begin during off-peak hours, but do you also plan to travel during peak hours? Then purchase the Combined Travel Discount on your OV chip card at the ticket machine.
How much does my journey cost?
Would you like to know the price of your journey with 40% Joint Journey Discount? Then go to the Journey Planner and enter your journey. A full price of this trip will appear above the travel advice. Click on 'All rates' to see the price of your trip with 40% discount.
Joint Journey Discount on NS International routes
You can use the Joint Journey Discount for the part of your international journey that is within the Netherlands. This discount is not valid for Eurostar and Nightjet. You can load the Joint Journey Discount onto your ticket yourself. Choose the option ‘Joint Journey Discount’ when buying your ticket via NS International or at the NS ticket machine. The discount will then be calculated automatically for the section of your journey within the Netherlands.
Can I alter my e-ticket?
No, after completing your purchase it is unfortunately no longer possible to alter your e-ticket. So do be careful to enter the correct personal and journey details. E-tickets are issued personally, and only valid in combination with a valid proof of identity.