Intercity direct Altijd Toeslagvrij
Unlimited travel on the Intercity direct
per month, from€ 51
- Unlimited travel on the Intercity direct for a fixed price per month
- Travel between Amsterdam Centraal, Schiphol, Rotterdam Centraal and Breda at high speed on the Intercity direct
- Save money when you do more than two return journeys on the Intercity direct a week
- You only need a Toeslag Intercity direct with your NS ticket if you are travelling between Schiphol and Rotterdam for part or all of your journey
- Choice of annual or monthly ticket
- Only valid in combination with an NS season ticket
- Your ticket is issued for the same period as your NS season ticket
- Available in combination with the Dal Voordeel, Altijd Voordeel, Dal Vrij, Weekend Vrij, Altijd Vrij, Grensabonnement, OV-Jaarabonnement and the Traject Vrij season ticket
- You can order your Intercity direct Altijd Toeslagvrij at the same time as your new season ticket, or add it later to an existing season ticket
- Your Intercity direct Altijd Toeslagvrij is added to a OV-chipkaart (public transport smart card). This only needs to be done once
- Also available as a monthly season ticket for €60* a month
All season tickets subject to terms and conditions.
Download product terms and conditions for season tickets (PDF, 51 kB)
Existing NS season ticket
You can add Intercity direct Altijd Toeslagvrij to a season ticket that you already hold at any time via Mijn NS (in Dutch). You will need an account to do this. If you have not got an account, it is easy to set one up in Mijn NS (in Dutch). You pay with iDEAL. We will e-mail you as soon as your payment is received, explaining how you can download your season ticket to your card at an NS ticket machine or other OV-chipkaart (public transport smart card) top-up points. See address finder for details of all pick-up points in your area
New NS season ticket
You can purchase your Intercity direct Altijd Toeslagvrij at the same time as your new season ticket. If you have not got an OV-chipkaart yet, or your card is about to run out in the next 8 weeks, then you can order a new card free of charge with your NS Intercity direct Altijd Toeslagvrij ticket. Your OV-chipkaart with your season ticket pre-loaded onto it will be sent to your home address within 2 weeks.
Order Intercity direct Altijd Toeslagvrij online (in Dutch)
Your season ticket with Intercity direct Altijd Toeslagvrij is added to an OV-chipkaart (public transport smart card). You just need to add your season ticket to your OV-chipkaart once at a NS ticket machine.
With Intercity direct Altijd Toeslagvrij on your OV-chipkaart all you need to do is check in and out with NS. So, there is no longer any need to buy an Intercity direct Toeslag from a 'supplements pillar' on the Intercity direct departure platform.
Checking in and out
Hold your card up to the free-standing or gate to check in for your train journey; then repeat the process when you reach your destination. You need to check in and out with each operator, i.e. if you change to bus, tram or metro. You should check out at an NS card reader before checking in with another operator. If you are travelling abroad, you do not need to check in and out in the Netherlands.
What is the Toeslag Intercity direct?
The Toeslag Intercity direct is a supplement paid on Intercity direct services. You pay the supplement on your NS ticket if you are travelling on the Intercity direct between Schiphol and Rotterdam for part or all of your journey. The supplement is available for single and return journeys, and as a monthly or annual supplement with your NS season ticket.
Do you always have to pay the Intercity direct supplement if you are travelling on an Intercity direct service?
You must buy the supplement in addition to an NS ticket if you are travelling on the Intercity direct between Schiphol and Rotterdam for part or all of your journey. The supplement still has to be paid if you need to divert your journey due to disrupted services. There are 1 or 2 exceptions where the Intercity direct supplement does not apply, such as where a child is travelling with you on a Railrunnerticket.
What does the Intercity direct Altijd Toeslagvrij cost?
The Intercity direct Altijd Toeslagvrij monthly ticket costs € 60 a month, and the Intercity direct Altijd Toeslagvrij annual ticket costs € 50 a month.
Do holders of an NS-Voordeelurenabonnement, Altijd Vrij, Traject Vrij, Altijd Voordeel, Dal Vrij, Dal Voordeel or Weekend Vrij have to pay the Intercity direct supplement?
Yes, anyone who travels on the Intercity direct between Schiphol and Rotterdam for part or all of their journey must buy a supplement for the Intercity direct.