Unlimited travel at weekends.
€ 32 per month
- Unlimited 2nd class rail travel on weekends for only € 32 per month. Prefer to travel 1st class? First class travel now for just € 39 per month!
- 40% discount off-peak during the week
- 40% discount for up to 3 fellow travellers in the off-peak hours
- For a member of your family, or if you are 65+, an extra Weekend Vrij costs just € 22 (2nd class) or € 39 (1st class) a month
- Up to 3 children travel free with a Kids Vrij season ticket for infants and children aged 4-11
- If you check in 5 minutes before or during off-peak times but check out during peak hours, you will still get the 40% discount
- Valid with other train operators
- Valid on InterCity Berlin and ICE International routes within the Netherlands
Special offer Weekend Vrij
Weekend Vrij 1st class, now from € 45 for only € 39 per month!
- Spoor magazine free four times a year with great offers
- Discounts for Greenwheels and Q-Park P+R areas (in Dutch)
- Available with an Intercity direct Altijd Toeslagvrij season ticket
When can I travel free or at a discount?
- At weekends, you travel free from 18.30 Friday evening to 04.00 Monday morning
- During off-peak hours, you can travel at 40% discount from 09.00 - 16.00 and 18.30 - 06.30 on weekdays
- On public holidays, you can travel at 40% discount if the public holiday falls on a weekday or free if it falls at a weekend. From the 1st of January you can travel for free on all public holidays.
All season tickets subject to terms and conditions.
Download product terms and conditions for season tickets (PDF, 51 kB)
Download Terms and conditions promotional rate Weekend Vrij (PDF, 64 kb)
Ordering your Weekend Vrij season ticket
You can order your Weekend Vrij season ticket online. You will need a personal OV-chipkaart (public transport smart card). If you have not got an OV-chipkaart, or your card is about to run out in the next 8 weeks, then you can order a new card free of charge with your season ticket. Your OV-chipkaart with your season ticket pre-loaded onto it will be sent to your home address within 1 week.
Do you already have an OV-chipkaart? Then you can order your Weekend Vrij season ticket at an NS ticket desk at the station. Your season ticket will be valid straight away. You can also order by phone. Please call NS Customer Service for this. You can reach us day and night by phone on 030-7515155. For orders placed by phone, it will be ten days before the season ticket can start.
Paying for your Weekend Vrij season ticket
You pay with iDEAL. We will e-mail you as soon as your payment is received, explaining how you can download your season ticket to your card at an NS card machine or other public transport smart card top-up point. See address finder for details of all pick-up points in your area. Paying via IDEAL is not required when ordering you season ticket via NS customer service, you may authorise us telephonically.
Order your season ticket online (in Dutch)
Family season tickets
Family season tickets (bijabonnement) are additional season tickets for members of your family aged 12 or over living at the same address. You can order up to four family season tickets with your Dal Vrij season ticket: this can be 1 extra Weekend Vrij season ticket and up to 3 Kids Vrij season tickets.
Kids Vrij season ticket
Kids Vrij lets you take children aged 4-11 with you free of charge. You can order up to 3 Kids Vrij season tickets at no extra cost with your Weekend Vrij season ticket. You can arrange this when you order your season ticket or later on via Mijn NS (in Dutch). If you do not have your own account yet, you can set it up easily in Mijn NS (in Dutch). Each child needs their own OV-chipkaart, but does not have to live at the same address as the applicant. A personal OV-chipkaart costs € 7,50.
Your season ticket is added to an OV-chipkaart (public transport smart card). You need at least € 10 as a starting fare (in Dutch) before you can travel.
Checking in and out
Hold your card up to the free-standing post or gate to check in for your train journey; then repeat the process when you reach your destination. You need to check in and out with each operator, i.e. if you change to bus, tram or metro. You should check out at an NS card reader before checking in with another operator. If you are travelling abroad, you do not need to check in and out in the Netherlands.
Combined travel discount
You can take up to 3 people with you at a discount of 40% in the off-peak hours. You can set this up at the ticket machine at the station.
If you want to change the class you travel, once only, or for every time you travel, it is easy to do this on a ticket machine.
Changing ticket class
I do not have iDEAL. Is there any other way I can buy a season ticket?
With a personal OV-chipkaart, you can also order a season ticket from NS Customer service on 030-7515155. NS Customer service is available 24/7. You need to order season tickets 10 days in advance.
What are peak and off-peak hours?
As a rule, the times below
- Peak hours are between 06.30 - 09.00 and 16.00 - 18.30 Mondays through Fridays
- Off-peak hours are any hours other than peak hours, plus weekends and public holidays
The time at which you check in determines the discount for the entire journey. With your Weekend Vrij season ticket, you travel free from 18.30 Friday evening to 04.00 Monday morning.
Are travel costs deductible?
Home-work travel costs by train, tram, metro and/or bus come under the rules for deducting travel costs. You may be entitled to deduct them for tax purposes if you are travelling more than 10 km. You can find the terms and conditions and amounts involved at the Belastingsdienst (Tax service) website (in Dutch). With a Dal Vrij season ticket, you can apply for a public transport declaration yourself. We will check your details before passing them on to the Tax service.
How do I deduct travel costs?
You need to apply for a OV (PT) declaration first: you need this to apply to the Tax service to deduct your public transport travel costs.
When do I need to apply for a OV (PT) declaration?
With a Dal Vrij, Weekend Vrij, Altijd Vrij Monthly and Traject Vrij Monthly season ticket, you need to apply for a OV (PT) declaration yourself. We will check your details before passing them on to the Tax service. With our other annual season tickets, this is done automatically: so, if you have an annual season ticket, you do not need to apply for a OV (PT) declaration (except for Weekend Vrij).