Park + Ride
You can get to the station easily and stay dry if you come by car. You can park nearby for a reasonable price in the P+R (Q-Park) car park.
Discounted parking at the station
When travelling with NS using an OV-chipkaart you receive a 30% discount on the parking fees in the P+R car park. The discount is only valid if you check in and out with your OV-chipkaart with NS on the same day. Hold your OV-chipkaart in front of the card reader when leaving the car park and your discount will be calculated automatically.
The following OV-chipkaarten provide discounts:
- personal OV-chipkaart (issued to a specific person)
- anonymous OV-chipkaart
- single-use OV-chipkaart (ticket issued by a ticket machine or a sale ticket)
If you have purchased your train ticket online or via the Travel Planner Xtra app (with QR-code), you are unfortunately ineligible for a discount.
The benefits of parking at a P+R facility
- You can park close to the station
- If you travel with your OV-chipkaart on the same day then you will receive a discount
- Payment is now even easier using your Maestro debit card or credit card
How you receive your discount
From now on, you can easily drive in and out of the P+R (Q-Park) at the station using your Maestro debit card, without the use of your pin code and up to € 50 at a time. You no longer need to go to the ticket machine.
- When leaving the car park, first hold your OV-chipkaart against the card reader on the payment terminal at the exit. The system will check whether you travelled with NS on that day.
- Next, insert the credit or debit card you used to enter the car park into the card reader. The system will register the time that you leave.
- If you would like a receipt, press the 'kwitantie' button on the pillar.
- The barrier will open, and you can leave the car park.
You can pay with your Maestro card, Mastercard, Visa, VPay, American Express, Yellowbrick, MultiTankCard and Travelcard up to a maximum of € 50 at a time.
Good to know: you will only receive your discount if you have checked in and out with your OV-chipkaart with NS on the same day.
Parking season ticket
You also receive a discount on a parking season ticket with Q-Park, if you travel using one of the following NS season tickets:
- NS Altijd Vrij and NS Traject Vrij Jaar season ticket: you receive a discount on an annual or monthly parking season ticket.
- NS Altijd Vrij and NS Traject Vrij Maand season ticket: you receive a discount on a monthly parking season ticket.
- With other season tickets you only receive a discount if you check in and out with NS with your OV-chipkaart on the same day that you park at a Q-Park P+R car park.
To get a parking season ticket, you must apply to Q-Park, the manager and operator of the paid P+R car parks. For more information or to apply for a season ticket, visit their website Q-Park or call Q-Park Customer Services: 0900 - 4466880 (available on weekdays between 08:30 and 18:00, € 0.45 per call).
Car parks at your station
You can find a car park at almost all stations. Some of these are unattended car parks where you can park for free and others are Q-Park car parks that you must pay to use.
Overview of the paid P+R (Q-Park) car parks
Alkmaar, Alphen aan den Rijn, Amersfoort, Amsterdam Lelylaan, Apeldoorn, Assen, Bergen op Zoom, Beverwijk, Boxtel, Breda, Den Haag Laan van NOI, Deventer, Dordrecht, Duivendrecht, Eindhoven, Gorinchem, Gouda, Groningen, Heemstede-Aerdenhout, Heerenveen, Heerlen, Helmond, Hengelo, 's-Hertogenbosch, Hilversum, Leeuwarden, Maastricht, Middelburg, Naarden-Bussum, Nijmegen, Oisterwijk, Oss, Roermond, Roosendaal, Rotterdam Centraal, Schiedam Centrum, Valkenburg, Venlo, Woerden and Zaandam.