Assistance while travelling
Are you travelling with a disability and in need of assistance? Then use NS Travel Assistance for free.
Who is NS Travel Assistance meant for?
The NS offers travel assistance at more than 100 stations in the Netherlands. This assistance is provided by a trained NS employee or taxi driver. They can help you if you are a wheelchair user, visually impaired or have another disability.
Travelling with travel assistance
You report to the agreed meeting point 15 minutes prior to departure. Our travel assistant helps you with boarding, transfer and disembarkment and guides you to the train and to the exit of the station at your chosen destination. You must take care of (heavy) luggage yourself. You can also pose any questions you have to travel assistance.
Applying for NS Travel Assistance
- Online: using the Online Assistance Application.
- Telephone: call NS Servicecentrale on 030 - 2357822 (available 24 hours a day, all week).
Conditions for applying for travel assistance
- Always request travel assistance at least 1 hour prior to departure.
- Mention the date, time of departure and the departure and destination station of the journey you intend to make.
- On avg.ns.nl you can find the location of the meeting point at your station. (in Dutch)
Cancellation and problems with your journey
Are you experiencing problems during your journey or do you wish to cancel your journey? Then call NS Servicecentrale on 030 - 235722. They are available 24 hours a day.
Help at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Do you have a disability and would you like help at Schiphol Airport? Then use the service provided by Axxicom Airport Caddy. You can find more information online at Axxicom Airport Caddy or by telephone on 020 - 4069809.