Young Person's Day Ticket
With the Young Person's Day Ticket young people aged 12 up to and including 18 years enjoy unlimited travel with NS during off-peak hours for just €7.50. The Young Person's Day Ticket can be purchased exclusively in the NS app. Open the gates at the station using the barcode in the app. An OV-chipkaart is not required.
Good to know
- You can only use a Young Person's Day Ticket if you are aged 12 up to and including 18 years.
- You can only use the Young Person's Day Ticket during off-peak hours. Off-peak hours means Monday to Friday before 06.30, between 09.00 and 16.00 and after 18.30. During the weekend and on holidays (with the exception of King's Day) this day ticket is valid all day.
- The Young Person's Day Ticket is only valid on NS trains.
- It is also valid on Intercity Direct between Rotterdam Central and Schiphol Airport and on the Dutch section of the ICE International route. A supplement is payable for these services.
- Not valid on Thalys and Eurostar.
- Maximum of 1 person per e-ticket. Not valid in combination with the Samenreiskorting combined travel discount or any promotional tickets (e.g. from Kruidvat).
- Cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Only valid in 2nd class.
Frequently asked questions about the Young Person's Day Ticket
Where can I buy a Young Person's Day Ticket?
Why can I only use the NS app to buy a Young Person's Day Ticket?
We carried out a study to determine where young people aged 12 up to and including 18 preferred buying their tickets. Based on this study, we developed the NS app.
How long will a Young Person's Day Ticket stay valid?
Young Person's Day Tickets are valid for 1 (one) day. You are asked to indicate on which day you want to travel when you buy the product.
How do you check for age?
The conductor is entitled to ask you to show proof of ID when checking your tickets.
Can I use the Young Person's Day Ticket with other carriers?
No, the Young Person's Day Ticket is only valid in NS trains and not in trains operated by other carriers, such as Connexxion and Arriva.
Don't see your question here? Contact NS Customer Service. We'll be happy to help you.