Intercity direct supplement
Will you be using the Intercity direct to travel from Schiphol Airport to Rotterdam or vice versa? Then you need an Intercity direct supplement in addition to your NS ticket. This supplement is available in three types: single, monthly season ticket or annual season ticket in addition to your NS season ticket.
Please note: no supplement during off-peak hours
That means no supplement during the weekend as well.
If you travel with the Intercity direct during off-peak hours between 10 December 2017 and 8 April 2018, then you will not have to purchase a supplement. The off-peak hours are between 09:30 and 16:00 and between 19:00 and 06:30 from Monday to Friday, and all day on Saturday, Sunday and holidays. During these periods, you do not need to purchase a separate supplement to travel with the Intercity direct. Simply hold your OV-chipkaart or NS-Business Card against the card reader at the supplement post, and the supplement will automatically register € 0.
If you occasionally use the Intercity direct, then you can purchase a single Intercity direct supplement for a one-way or return journey. The Intercity direct supplement for a one-way journey costs € 2.40.
You can buy the supplement directly from the supplement pole on the departure platform, online as an e-ticket, from the ticket machine or from the service desk at the station.
How does the supplement pole work?
- Check in as normal with NS at your departure station.
- Hold you OV-chipkaart against the reader of the supplement pole on the departure platform. You have now bought an Intercity direct supplement for a one-way journey.
- You check out with NS at your final destination. You do not need to do anything else at the supplement pole.
- If you will also be returning with the Intercity direct, simply repeat the steps above.
Good to know
- You can also use an NS-Business Card to buy the supplement at the supplement pole on the departure platform, or via MijnNS Zakelijk. You can see the costs for supplements on your invoice.
- If you have loaded a combined travel discount onto your card, then you can only buy the supplement from a ticket machine or at the service desk at the station.
- Intercity direct supplements can only be cancelled when purchased from a supplement pole. Do this by holding your card against the supplement pole again within 30 minutes.
- Children with a Railrunner or a Kids Vrij season ticket do not have to pay for an Intercity direct supplement.
Intercity direct Monthly supplement
If you travel an average of 3 times per week on a return journey with the Intercity direct, then it is cheaper to choose to pay a Monthly supplement for the Intercity direct. With this, you get unlimited travel on the Intercity direct for € 61 per month.
- For sale at NS ticket machines, NS Tickets- & Servicewinkel, OV Servicewinkel. Here, you load the Intercity direct Monthly supplement onto your OV-chipkaart once.
Good to know
- When travelling with an Intercity direct Monthly supplement, you check in and out with NS. You do not have to do anything at the supplement pole on the platform.
- You do not need to have an NS season ticket to use an Intercity direct monthly supplement, although you can combine them if you wish.
Intercity direct Altijd Toeslagvrij
Anyone who travels more than twice a week with the Intercity direct can save money by purchasing the Intercity direct Altijd Toeslagvrij season ticket. This season ticket allows you unlimited travel with the Intercity direct for € 51 per month.
- Via Mijn NS you can add the Intercity direct Altijd Toeslagvrij season ticket to an existing season ticket.
- Don't have a season ticket yet? Then you can purchase the Intercity direct Altijd Toeslagvrij season ticket directly while ordering a new season ticket.
Good to know
- Available in combination with the Dal Voordeel, Altijd Voordeel, Dal Vrij, Weekend Vrij, Altijd Vrij, OV Vrij, Grensabonnement, OV-Jaarabonnement and Traject Vrij season tickets.
- You load the Intercity direct Altijd Toeslagvrij season ticket onto your OV-chipkaart once.
- When travelling with Intercity direct Altijd Toeslagvrij, you only have to check in and out with NS. You do not have to do anything with the supplement pole on the platform.