Benefits of this season ticket
- Children can accompany you for free
- Also valid during peak hours
- Also valid on other rail carriers and several bus companies
- Children can accompany you for free to Belgium and Germany
Unlimited travel for children travelling with you
With Kids Vrij, children aged 4 to 11 can travel with you for free - even during rush hour.
How it works
- Each child uses their own OV-chipkaart
- Children travel under the supervision of someone 12 years or older
- Kids Vrij can also be used in the bus, tram and metro anywhere in the Netherlands. Children aged 4 to 11 then automatically receive a 34% discount.
You can order Kids Vrij for free if your child has his or her own OV-chipkaart. You can also purchase an OV-chipkaart for € 7,50 when ordering Kids Vrij.
Upon ordering, we will check your payment details using a € 0.01 iDeal payment.
Whether it's checking in themselves, or sitting in the upper level of a double decker, a train journey is an adventure for every child. The new NS KidsApp makes the train adventure even more fun. Download the free NS KidsApp in the App Store or in Google Play.
Good to know
The Kids Vrij season ticket has been temporarily reduced to € 0. NS retains the right to increase the price at any time. You will be informed of any price increases a few months in advance, at which time you will have the option of cancelling the season ticket if you wish.
If your child already has a personal OV-chipkaart (with photograph), then enter the OV-chipkaart number when ordering your season ticket. You can then download your season ticket within one working day from an NS Ticket Machine.
When you order a Kids Vrij season ticket, you can purchase a new OV-chipkaart for € 7.50. The new OV-chipkaart with your season ticket will be delivered to your home within one week.
- The Kids Vrij season ticket is now available for a temporary discount. NS retains the right to increase the price of the season ticket at any time. You will be informed of any price increases a few months in advance, at which time you will have the opportunity to cancel the season ticket if you wish.
- The season ticket is initially available for the term of one year. After the first year, you can cancel the season ticket at any time with one month's notice.
- If your child already has a personal OV-chipkaart, then you can simply download the season ticket to the card. If he/she does not have a personal OV-chipkaart, then you can purchase one along with your Kids Vrij season ticket for € 7.50.
- When you order a Kids Vrij season ticket, you will be asked to make a small payment of € 0.01 to verify your personal and bank account information. You will have to make another payment of € 0.01 each year to extend your season ticket.
- The season ticket is only valid when accompanied by a person aged 12 or older who is in possession of a valid ticket.
- The Kids Vrij season ticket is only for children aged 4 to 11.
- The season ticket is valid in the same class indicated on the ticket held by the accompanying person.
- Each accompanying person may accompany a maximum of three children aged 4 to 11 with their own personal OV-chipkaart.
- Your child can also use the OV-chipkaart to travel by bus, tram or metro, as long as the card has a sufficient amount of balance.
- The season ticket is also valid for other rail carriers.
- The season ticket is also valid on Dutch sections of routes served by the InterCity Berlin and ICE International. Note: your child need not purchase a supplement to travel aboard these trains, but the accompanying adult must purchase a supplement.
See also the season ticket product terms and conditions.