Benefits of this season ticket
- Children can accompany you for free
- Also valid during peak hours
- Also valid on other rail carriers and several bus companies
- Children can accompany you for free to Belgium and Germany
Unlimited travel for children travelling with you
With Kids Vrij, children aged 4 to 11 can travel with you for free - even during rush hour.
How it works
- Each child uses their own OV-chipkaart
- Children travel under the supervision of someone 12 years or older
- Kids Vrij can also be used in the bus, tram and metro anywhere in the Netherlands. Children aged 4 to 11 then automatically receive a 34% discount.
You can order Kids Vrij for free if your child has their own OV-chipkaart. You can also purchase an OV-chipkaart for € 7,50 when ordering Kids Vrij.
Upon ordering, we will check your payment details using a € 0.01 iDeal payment.
Good to know
The Kids Vrij season ticket has been temporarily reduced to € 0. NS retains the right to increase the price at any time. You will be informed of any price increases a few months in advance, at which time you will have the option of cancelling the season ticket if you wish.
If your child already has a personal OV-chipkaart (with photograph), then enter the OV-chipkaart number when ordering your season ticket. You can then download your season ticket within one working day from an NS Ticket Machine.
When you order a Kids Vrij season ticket, you can purchase a new OV-chipkaart for € 7.50. The new OV-chipkaart with your season ticket will be delivered to your home within one week.
- The Kids Vrij season ticket is now available for a temporary discount. NS retains the right to increase the price of the season ticket at any time. You will be informed of any price increases a few months in advance, at which time you will have the opportunity to cancel the season ticket if you wish.
- The season ticket is initially available for the term of one year. After the first year, you can cancel the season ticket at any time with one month's notice.
- If your child already has a personal OV-chipkaart, then you can simply download the season ticket to the card. If they do not have a personal OV-chipkaart, then you can purchase one along with your Kids Vrij season ticket for € 7.50.
- When you order a Kids Vrij season ticket, you will be asked to make a small payment of € 0.01 to verify your personal and bank account information. You will have to make another payment of € 0.01 each year to extend your season ticket.
- The season ticket is only valid when accompanied by a person aged 12 or older who is in possession of a valid ticket.
- The Kids Vrij season ticket is only for children aged 4 to 11.
- The season ticket is valid in the same class indicated on the ticket held by the accompanying person.
- Each accompanying person may accompany a maximum of three children aged 4 to 11 with their own personal OV-chipkaart.
- Your child can also use the OV-chipkaart to travel by bus, tram or metro, as long as the card has a sufficient amount of balance.
- The season ticket is also valid for other rail carriers.
- The season ticket is also valid on Dutch sections of routes served by the InterCity Berlin and ICE International. Note: your child need not purchase a supplement to travel aboard these trains, but the accompanying adult must purchase a supplement.
See also the Season ticket product terms and conditions.