Correction fee and boarding fee
If we don't know which stations you boarded or left the train, for example because you forgot to check in or out and didn't correct it in time, then we will charge you a correction fee or a boarding fee. See which situation applies to you.
Correction fee: when you travel on account (NS Flex)
If you have an NS Flex season ticket, then we will charge a correction fee in the following situations:
- Forgetting to check in or out: € 20
- Forgetting to check in or out with a discount season ticket: € 12 (€20 x 0,6)
- Invalid ticket (not checked in): € 50
- travelling in 1st class with a 2nd class ticket: € 20
- Travelling on Intercity direct without a supplement: € 10
You will see the correction fee on your next invoice in Mijn NS. If the correction fee is higher than the price of the journey, then you can request a refund for the difference within 6 months.
Boarding fee: if you travel on balance.
If you travel on balance, for example with a Dal Voordeel season ticket or a student travel product, then we will charge you a boarding fee. If the boarding fee is higher than the price of the journey, then you can request a refund for the difference within 6 months.
- Season ticket on account, Voordeelurenabonnement and student travel product: € 10
- Weekend Vrij (on balance) and Dal Vrij (on balance): no boarding fee if you travel within your season ticket. Outside your season ticket: € 10
- Altijd Vrij (on balance) and Traject Vrij (on balance): no boarding fee.
- Anonymous or personal OV-chipkaart without a season ticket: € 20