Bringing a bicycle onto the train
With a Fietskaart Dal, you can bring your bicycle along with you on weekdays between 09:00 and 16:00, and from 18:30 to 06:30 the next morning. This limitation does not apply at the weekend and during the months of July and August.
Travelling during off-peak hours with a special ticket
With a Fietskaart Dal, you can bring your bicycle (recumbent/racing bicycle/e-bike/tandem) with you in the bicycle compartment for only € 6.20 (€ 6.90 as of 1 January 2019). The following rules apply:
- You must have a Fietskaart Dal ticket.
- You can only bring your bicycle in the train during off-peak hours.
- You may not bring your bicycle in the train during peak hours, between 06:30 and 09:00, and 16:00 - 18:30, due to the limited space available. This rule also applies if you check in before the peak hours, but travel during peak hours.
- You can bring your bicycle in the train all day, even during peak hours, at the weekend and during the months of July and August.
- You can also bring along your bicycle during off-peak hours in the Intercity Direct and all domestic NS routes.
- You may bring along your bicycle during off-peak hours on the domestic routes of the IC Berlin and the IC Brussels. Reservations are usually unnecessary, but during the months of July and August you must have an international bicycle ticket and a reservation if you wish to travel on the IC Berlin, due to high demand during this period.
- Always remove any baggage (bicycle panniers, etc.) from your bicycle to make room for other bicycles in the compartment!
- You can bring along a folding bicycle for free at any time, even during peak hours (but the bicycle must be folded of course!).
- If your walking cycle or tricycle was provided via the Social Support Act, then you may take it on the train with you for free without a special permit. Your vehicle may not be more than 150 cm long and 75 cm wide, including luggage.
In all cases, there must be sufficient space in the bicycle compartment. During the summer months, the bicycle compartment can be very crowded, and there may not be enough space to carry all of the bicycles.