Bringing a bicycle onto the train
With a Fietskaart Dal, you can bring your bicycle along with you on weekdays between 09:00 and 16:00, and from 18:30 to 06:30 the next morning. This limitation does not apply at the weekend, on holidays, and during the months of July and August.
Travelling during off-peak hours with a special ticket
With a Fietskaart Dal, you can bring your bicycle (recumbent/racing bicycle/e-bike/tandem) with you in the bicycle compartment for only € 7.50. The following rules apply:
- You must have a Fietskaart Dal season ticket.
- You can only bring your bicycle in the train during off-peak hours.
- You may not bring your bicycle in the train during peak hours, between 06:30 and 09:00, and 16:00 - 18:30, due to the limited space available. This rule also applies if you check in before the peak hours, but travel during peak hours.
- You can bring your bicycle in the train all day, even during peak hours, at the weekend, on holidays and during the months of July and August.
- You can also bring along your bicycle during off-peak hours in the Intercity Direct and all domestic NS routes.
- During peak hours and the summer months of July and August, travellers on the Intercity Berlin and Intercity Brussels may only bring their bicycle aboard the train if they have an international bicycle ticket and a required bicycle reservation.
Outside of this period you do not need a special reservation to bring along your bicycle on the domestic routes of the Intercity Berlin and Intercity Brussels, as it is not possible to make a reservation for the domestic service on these routes.
- No vehicles other than those listed on this page are permitted aboard the train This includes bicycle trailers, wagons, or hand carts.
- Always remove any baggage (bicycle panniers, etc.) from your bicycle to make room for other bicycles in the compartment!
- If your customised bicycle was provided via the Social Support Act (WMO), then you are entitled to bring it along with you for free under special conditions.
In all cases, there must be sufficient space in the bicycle compartment. During the summer months, the bicycle compartment can be very crowded, and there may not be enough space to carry all of the bicycles.
- You can bring a folding bicycle with you for free, even during peak hours, as long as it is folded.
- Please fold up your bicycle before boarding, and wait until you leave the train to unfold it again.
- You may not store your folding bicycle in one of the bicycle spots on the train, as these are reserved for travellers with a bicycle ticket.
- Under no circumstances may your folding bicycle or luggage block the exterior doors, interior doors, or corridors in the train. This is for safety purposes, as all doors on and in the train serve as emergency exits.