Board of Commissioners
NS faces some major challenges for the new concession, both operationally and financially. It is vital that we find ways to cut costs and improve our results. The Board sees many opportunities for improving the service to travelers.
Gerard van de Aast
(1957) | Dutch citizen (m)
Appointed on March 4, 2014 to 2018, reappointed until 2022
- Background: former chairman of the Executive Board at Royal Imtech NV
- Former chairman of the Board at Royal Volker Wessels NV, former member of the Board of Reed Elsevier
- Other positions: member of the Supervisory Board at Signify, member of the Supervisory Board at Witteveen+Bos
Marike van Lier Lels
(1959) | Dutch citizen (f)
Appointed on February 3, 2016, reappointed until 2024
- Background: COO at Schiphol Group until 2005, before becoming a Supervisory Board member
- Other positions: Member of the Supervisory Board at PostNL, member of the Supervisory Board at Dura Vermeer, non-executive at RELX Plc, chairman of Innovation Quarter
(1969) | Dutch citizen (f)
Appointed on August 15, 2016, reappointed until 2024
- Background: General Counsel, Corporate Secretary at NN Group NV, member of the Management Board at NN Group NV
Pim van der Feltz
(1964) | Dutch citizen (m)
Appointed on May 1, 2017 until 2021
- Background: former CEO of Google Netherlands
- Other positions: Supervisory Board of the Kröller-Müller Museum, Member of the Advisory Board at NWO
(1968) | Dutch citizen (f)
Appointed on June 1, 2019 until 2023
- Vice-president of External Relations, Global Integrated Gas and New Energies at Shell. Previously State Secretary for the Ministry of Justice and member of the Dutch House of Representatives.
- Other position: member of the Supervisory Board at Unilever Nederland, member of the Board at Fonds21 .
(1960) | Dutch citizen (m)
Appointed on January 1, 2020 until 2024 .
- Background: CFO and Vice Chairman of the Executive Board at NIBC Holding N.V.
- Other positions: vice-chairman of the Supervisory Board at Stichting VU, member of the Supervisory Board of WNF Netherlands