Making changes to season tickets
If you want to change your season ticket, you can change or pause your NS Flex season ticket each month yourself via Mijn NS. If you travel on the basis of a balance, then you can change your season ticket to a Dal Voordeel (Off-peak discount) season ticket based on a balance, or switch to NS Flex.
Changing your NS Flex season ticket
You can switch an NS Flex season ticket to another each month, for example, from Dal Voordel (Off-peak discount) to Weekend Vrij (Unlimited weekend travel). If you're travelling a bit less often for the time being, you can also pause your season ticket by switching to NS Flex Basis.
Changing a season ticket in Mijn NS
Change your NS Flex season ticket in Mijn NS:
- Log in to Mijn NS
- Go to ´Bekijk en wijzig abonnement´ ('View and change season ticket')
- Choose ´Wijzig abonnement´ ('Change season ticket')
- Choose another season ticket
The changes take effect as soon as they have been processed - this usually takes around 15 minutes. You do not need to go to an NS ticket machine.
Season ticket costs
- You will find your new season ticket costs on your next invoice.
- If you are due a refund for your old season ticket, we will settle this on your next invoice.
Changing a season ticket on balance
If you top up the balance on your OV-chipkaart before travelling, then you have a season ticket based on a balance. You can change this to the Dal Voordeel (Off-peak discount) season ticket on balance. You can also choose from a range of NS Flex season tickets that enable you to pay for your travel afterwards by means of an invoice.
Switching to a Dal Voordeel season ticket
You can switch your season ticket or balance to a Dal Voordeel (Off-peak discount) season ticket by contacting our Customer Service:
- by private message on Twitter or Facebook
- through chat (every day from 7.00 am - 11.00 pm)
- by telephone (24/7)
A private message on Twitter or Facebook is often the fastest method.
Switching to an NS Flex season ticket
With an NS Flex season ticket, you travel on account. This means that you pay each month in arrears for your train travel, by means of an invoice. You can switch to an NS Flex season ticket in Mijn NS as follows:
- Log in to Mijn NS
- Choose 'Stap nu over naar NS Flex' ('Switch now to NS Flex')
- Click the button ´Direct bestellen´ ('Order now')
- You will see both your old and new season tickets alongside each other. Choose ´Stap over naar NS Flex´ ('Switch to NS Flex')
- Click the button ´Bevestigen´ ('Confirm')
- Go to the NS ticket machine or an OV-chipkaart service point to activate your new season ticket and terminate your old season ticket at the same time.
You can travel immediately using your NS Flex season ticket. Any balance that you still had on your card will be settled on your invoice. If you were topping up your balance automatically, we will stop that for you too.
Please note: if you travel with Keuzedagen (Optional days) and would like to keep them, you are better off waiting to switch to NS Flex. We are still in the process of developing an alternative for Keuzedagen in NS Flex.
Combining NS Flex with a Student travel product or BTM (bus, tram, metro)
If you travel with a Studentenreisproduct (Student travel product), you cannot put an NS Flex season ticket (for example, NS Flex Unlimited Weekend Travel) on the same OV-chipkaart as your student travel product. You will need to request another OV-chipkaart when ordering NS Flex. Similarly, if you already have an NS Flex season ticket and you are commencing studies, you will need to request another OV-chipkaart when ordering your student travel product.
If you travel with a seaon ticket for bus, tram and metro, please contact our Customer Service. We can then combine your discount season ticket with your NS Flex season ticket.