R-net l Bringing a bicycle onto the train
Would you like to bring your bicycle along on the route Alphen aan den Rijn - Gouda? No problem! Read below to learn more about the GouweTicket Fiets.
Bring your bicycle along on the route Alphen aan den Rijn - Gouda
Like any NS train, you can also bring your bicycle along on this route. If you bring your bicycle along during peak hours, then you must also buy a GouweTicket Fiets.
What does that mean for you?
- You can bring your bicycle along for free on R-net trains during off-peak hours (weekdays before 06:30, between 09:00 - 16:00, and after 18:30).
- A Gouwe Ticket Fiets is required during peak hours. Peak hours are from 06:30 – 09:00 and 16:00 –18:30 on weekdays.
- If you are disabled and use an adapted bicycle as a mobility aid, you can bring this bicycle with you free of charge during peak hours if you satisfy the criteria specified in the NS Travel Assistance Conditions. In that case, you do not need to buy a GouweTicket Fiets. You can always bring along a folding bicycle for free, as long as it does not get in anyone's way.
- Each train compartment may carry a maximum of 3 bicycles.
- Bicycles must be stored in the designated bicycle area on board the train. You can find the bicycle compartment behind the lavatory near the bicycle entrance. The train is equipped with 3 hooks for securing your bicycle.
- NS has the right to deny entrance to a bicycle if the train is too crowded.
Where can I buy the GouweTicket Fiets?
The Gouwe products are available for sale from the ticket machines at stations Alphen aan de Rijn, Boskoop, Boskoop Snijdelwijk, Waddinxveen Noord, Waddinxveen, Waddinxveen Triangel and Gouda.