Purchase a ticket online
If you make the occasional journey by train, and buy your ticket from the ticket machine or the service desk, then you could be doing it faster and cheaper! Simply arrange everything via the NS app: order tickets, pay via the app, and the e-ticket will automatically download to your smartphone. You don't need to print anything.
What are the benefits?
- No € 1 surcharge for your train ticket
- No waiting in the queue at the service desk or ticket machine
- Get moving right away!
What are e-tickets?
E-tickets are train tickets that you download to your smartphone. You can then use your phone to open the gates and show the ticket to the conductor.
What do you need to use an e-ticket?
- A smartphone with Android of Apple iOS;
- The NS app. Download the app via the App Store or Google Play Store. If you do not see the heading 'My tickets' in the menu, then you should download the latest version of the app.
The NS app Terms and Conditions apply to the use of the NS app.
How does it work?
- Purchase your ticket online on your mobile phone.
- We'll take you to the My tickets page, click on the button Load in the NS app. Your e-tickets will be loaded in the NS-app.
Did you order via your computer? You'll always receive an e-mail confirmation, open the link from your phone and follow the instructions above.
Looking for an easier way to purchase your e-ticket? Buy your e-ticket directly in the NS-app.
Travelling with your e-ticket
If you travel to or from a station with access gates, then you can open the gates using the e-ticket.
- Open your e-ticket in the NS app. Make sure that the QR code is visible.
- Hold the screen of your mobile phone in front of the round glass window.
What are the rules?
- You are responsible for showing a valid ticket when you travel. So always make sure that your smartphone is fully charged before you board the train;
- The e-ticket is issued to an individual name, and is only valid in combination with a valid proof of identification;
- You are entitled to Refund for delays when you use an e-ticket;
- The Terms and Conditions for travelling with an e-ticket apply when you travel with an e-ticket.