Mobile phone tickets
Do you make the occasional journey by train, and buy a ticket from the ticket machine or the service desk? You could be doing this faster and cheaper! Simply arrange everything online: order tickets using the Reisplanner Xtra travel planning app or on ns.nl, pay and load the ticket onto your mobile phone. You don't need to print anything.
What are mobile phone tickets?
Mobile phone tickets are train tickets that you load in the Reisplanner Xtra travel planning app on your mobile phone. You can use your telephone to open gates and show your ticket to the conductor.
What do you need?
- A smartphone with either Android or Apple iOS. If you have not updated your operating system in some time, it is a good idea to do so before using the app.
- The Reisplanner Xtra travel planning app. Download the app via the App Store or Google Play Store. You can recognise the correct version of the app if it has the heading ;Mijn tickets in the app menu.
How does it work?
Do you have an Android phone or iPhone and have you installed the Reisplanner Xtra travel planning app?
Order your ticket online or in the Reisplanner Xtra travel planning app
After payment, you will receive an email with which you can retrieve your tickets. Open this page on your mobile phone.
You will now reach an overview page for your order, on which you will be presented with 2 options to pick up your tickets:
- Download and print
- Load in the Reisplanner Xtra travel planning app on your mobile phone
If you choose Load in the Reisplanner Xtra travel planning app on your mobile phone, then the app will open automatically. You can find your ticket under the heading My tickets in the Reisplanner Xtra travel planning app.
Travelling with a mobile ticket
When you open your ticket, you will see a large square code. You can use this to open access gates and to show the conductor your ticket.
You do not need to check in at stations with poles. Are you travelling to or from a station with closed access gates? Then you can use your mobile phone ticket to open them. You can recognise gates with barcode scanners by the 'scan ticket' symbol on the right hand door of the gate, and by the illuminated surface on the right hand side of the gate.
- Open your mobile phone ticket in the Reisplanner Xtra travel planning app. Make sure that the square code is visible.
- Choose a gate with a barcode reader.
- Hold the screen of your mobile phone in front of the barcode reader.
What are the rules?
- A mobile phone ticket is only valid when loaded in the NS Reisplanner Xtra travel planning app.
- You are responsible for showing a valid ticket. Therefore, you must make sure that you have a sufficiently charged, properly working smartphone.
- The mobile phone ticket is personal. Just like a printed e-ticket, a mobile phone ticket is only valid in combination with a valid proof of identity.
- The Conditions for travelling with an e-ticket apply to travel with a mobile phone ticket.
- When travelling with a mobile phone ticket, you are still eligible for refunds for delays.