Lost and found items
Have you lost something on the train or at the station? We would be happy to help you find your property. Read about what we do with lost property and what steps you can take yourself below.
Have you lost something on the train or at the station?
Fill in the lost and found form via this page, and describe what you have lost in as much detail as possible. When you submit the form, you will be issued a case number. After that, you can expect the following:
First 5 days
- Found items will be stored at the station where they were handed in for 5 days.
- During this period, you can collect your property at no charge upon display of a valid proof of identification and the case number for your lost and found report.
- You can ask the NS Service & Tickets shop whether your item has been found.
- Or call our Customer Service (030-7515155) anytime, day or night.
After 5 days
- After 5 days, all found items are sent to the Central Found Items Office.
- We will notify you via e-mail as to whether your item has been found or not within 4 weeks.
- If your item has been turned in, the e-mail will provide instructions on how to get your item home.
It is not possible to visit the Central Found Items Office in person.
Lost identity card?
If the Central Found Items Office finds a proof of identification in your belongings, then we are legally obliged to turn it over to the authorities. Please request a replacement copy from your municipality.
Have you found something on the train or at the station?
You can give the item to an NS employee at the station or on the train. If you are unable to do this, then you can also report the item to our Customer Service department via the telephone on 030-7515155. Thank you in advance!