Wheelchairs, mobility scooters and guide dogs in the train
You may bring your wheelchair, mobility scooter or specialised bicycle along with you in the train, but it must meet certain requirements to ensure that it can be transported safely. Guide dogs may also travel for free in the train.
Wheelchairs and mobility scooters in the train
- In order to fit on the train, in the lifts and on the wheelchair ramps, your wheelchair or mobility scooter may not be more than 150 centimeters long, 70 centimeters wide and 137.5 centimeters tall (including luggage).
- The combined weight of you and your manual wheelchair may not exceed 200 kilogrammes if you require someone to push it. The combined weight of you and your electric wheelchair may not exceed 300 kilogrammes.
- Wheelchairs with an internal combustion engine are not permitted in the train for safety reasons.
- You must be able to enter and exit the train with your electric wheelchair or mobility scooter via the access ramp.
- Please keep in mind that you must be able to carry your own luggage.
In order to ensure that someone is standing by to help you board or depart the train, please book your NS Travel Assistance service at least one hour in advance. You can book travel assistance service online or by telephone by calling NS Onderweg (030-2357822). The travel assistant will help you board the train with the wheelchair ramp,.
Customised tricycle or walking cycle in the train
If your walking cycle or tricycle was provided via the Medical Research Involving Human Subjects Act, then you may take it on the train with you without a special permit. Your vehicle may not be more than 150 cm long and 70 cm wide, including luggage.
Taking your electric bicycle, recumbent bicycle, tandem or Segway in the train.
If you use an electric bicycle, recumbent bicycle, tandem or Segway due to your disability, then you can take it with you in the train at no extra charge. Please make sure that you can display the official logo sticker and a valid Handicapped Parking Pass, WMO transportation pass (Regiotaxi), Valys pass or OV-Begeleiderskaart.
Your Segway may not be more than 150 cm long, 70 cm wide and 137.5 cm tall, including luggage, and the combined weight of you and your Segway may not exceed 300 kilogrammes.
Traveling with a guide dog
Your guide dog may accompany you in the train at no extra charge. It must be clearly identifiable as a guide dog or guide dog in training in order to be eligible for free travel, for example by displaying the logo of a guide dog organisation on its collar, coat or handle. No Dog Day Ticket is required to travel with a guide dog.