Go to content

Main navigation


If your OV-chipkaart is damaged, you may not be able to check in or out using your chipkaart. In that case, you must request a new OV-chipkaart. While you are waiting for your replacement chipkaart to be delivered, you can use a temporary ticket. We would be happy to explain how to arrange a temporary ticket.

If your OV-fiets is damaged or you experience problems with other door-to-door services, you can read what you can do below.

The answer to your question...

Damaged OV-chipkaart

If your OV-chipkaart is damaged and no longer works properly, you can request a replacement card if you have an NS season ticket, or you can purchase a new card. If you have an NS-Business Card, please inform the NS contact person at your company.

Lost or stolen NS-Business Card

Block your NS-Business Card quickly if it is lost or stolen. You can request a refund for the cost of traveling while waiting for your new card.

Temporary ticket and declaration

If you are waiting for a replacement OV-chipkaart with an annual season ticket, you can usually travel with a temporary variant of your season ticket for three weeks. Depending on which season ticket you have, you may be able to request a refund for the costs incurred during this period.

Damaged door to door service products

If something does not work as it should, or if your OV-fiets, bicycle or lockup is damaged, please report it to the storage facility administrator and send an e-mail.

Lost and found items

Have you lost or forgotten something on the train or at the station? That's very annoying! How can you get your things back? This page contains all the information you need to find out what you can do.