How do I download my Keuzedagen?
Before you can use a Keuzedag, you must download it to your OV-chipkaart at an NS Ticket Machine.
How to download Keuzedagen
- Bring your OV-chipkaart to an NS Ticket Machine at the station.
- Hold the OV-chipkaart against the card reader to the bottom right of the screen.
- Select ‘download Keuzedag’.
- Select ‘agree’.
- Hold the OV-chipkaart against the card reader again, until confirmation that the product has been downloaded to the card.
Please note: the next journey you make will be considered as a Keuzedag. Due to the extended use-by date for Keuzedagen, there may be more than one Keuzedag available at the NS Ticket Machine. Checking in and out is also required for Keuzedagen.
Would you like to check whether your Keuzedag has been downloaded?
Hold the OV-chipkaart against the card reader to see if your Keuzedag has been downloaded to the OV-chipkaart. If the Keuzedag has not been downloaded, and you have checked in to travel on balance, please hold the OV-chipkaart against the card reader again to cancel the check-in. You can then download the Keuzedagen to the chipkaart at an NS Ticket Machine by following the instructions above.
Would you like to travel 1st class with your Keuzedagen?
If you'd rather travel in 1st class, you can purchase a 2-1 supplement for € 5 from an NS Ticket machine. Make sure to download your Keuzedag before purchasing the 2-1 supplement.
Purchasing the 2-1 supplement:
- Place your OV-chipkaart against the card reader of an NS Ticket machine.
- First select 'change class', before selecting '2-1 supplements.'
- Select your preferred travel date and pay for the supplement.
- Place your OV-chipkaart against the card reader again.
- Your 2-1 supplement has now been charged to your card for the selected day (valid until 04:00 on the following day).
Please note: when you check in, you will see 2nd class on the display, but the conductor will be able to see that you purchased a 1st class supplement.