Picking up Keuzedagen
Before you can take a trip with a Keuzedag, you have to pick it up from an NS ticket machine. Find out more on this page.
How do I pick up my Keuzedagen?
Here's how you pick up a Keuzedag from an NS ticket machine:
- Go to an NS ticket machine at a station and make sure you have your OV-chipkaart on you.
- Touch in on the card reader to the right of the screen with your card.
- Select ‘Pick up Keuzedag’.
- Select ‘Confirm’.
- Touch in with your OV-chipkaart a second time until you see a confirmation message.
Done? Your Keuzedag will now be on your OV-chipkaart. The next trip you take during off-peak hours will be paid for with your Keuzedag. Repeat the steps shown above every time you want to take a trip with a Keuzedag.
You always have to check in and out, even when travelling with a Keuzedag.
How can I tell that I can pick up a Keuzedag?
We'll send you an e-mail when you can pick up a new Keuzedag. You can also view your Keuzedagen overview by logging in to Mijn NS.[>
How can I tell whether I have activated my Keuzedag?
Have you picked up your Keuzedag from an NS ticket machine? If you check in during off-peak hours, the display will read: ‘Ingecheckt Keuzedag’.
If you don't see this message, something might have gone wrong. Present your OV-chipkaart to the card reader to cancel your trip and try picking up your Keuzedag from an NS ticket machine again.
I'd like to travel in 1st class for a single trip with my Keuzedag. Is this possible?
Prefer travelling 1st class with your Keuzedag? Now you can, for just € 6 per Keuzedag. Pick up your Keuzedag first, before buying the 2-1 supplement at an NS ticket machine. Here's how:
- Pick up your Keuzedag (see steps above).
- Touch in on the card reader on an NS ticket machine with your OV-chipkaart.
- Select 'Change Class' and '2-1 supplements’.
- Select the planned date of your trip and pay.
- Touch in on the card reader again.
- You have now added a 2-1 supplement to your card.
Please note: when you check in, the display will read 2nd class. However, the conductor will see that you bought a 1st class supplement. It is not possible to change your Keuzedag from 1st class to 2nd class for a single trip.
Prefer travelling 1st class with all your Keuzedagen? It is not possible to change your Keuzedagen class to 1st class.
I can't pick up my Keuzedagen. What could be wrong?
Don't see any Keuzedagen on the NS ticket machine? Here are some possible reasons:
- you might have already used your Keuzedagen. You get up to 7 Keuzedagen a year.
- your unused Keuzedagen have expired.
- you do not have a new Keuzedag yet. Keuzedagen can only be picked up from an NS ticket machine one day before they become valid.
- there may be a technical error. If this is the case, contact the NS Customer Service.