Fake NS e-mails
There are e-mails circulating that appear to originate from NS, but that are actually fake. These are known as phishing e-mails and are intended to gather personal details. These e-mails misuse the NS name and logo in order to induce you to click on a link. If you do so, then scammers may gain access to your personal details.
How to recognise a fake e-mail
Cyber criminals are becoming better and better at creating fake e-mails. Even so, they still make mistakes. Common mistakes include:
- The sender's e-mail address is not an official e-mail address used by NS or one of its partners, such as Blokker, Kruidvat, Etos or Hema
- The link in the e-mail refers to a website that does not belong to NS
- The salutation is incorrect and the e-mail contains spelling errors
- The offer in the e-mail is simply too good to be true
NS regularly posts examples of the most recent fake e-mails on this page, so you can see which ones we're already aware of. Beware! Criminals may also be active on social media such as Facebook and Instagram.
Please note: never call a 0900 number listed in an e-mail! NS will never ask you to call a 0900 number.
We are aware of the following fraudulent e-mails
- Eersteklas reizen door heel Nederland een hele maand lang? (8 oktober 2019)
- Je hebt een gratis 1e klas reis voor 2 personen gewonnen (2 oktober 2019)
- Vergeet niet uw NS maandpas te activeren (26 september 2019)
Other types of false offfers
Besides emails, you may also find other types of fake messages that seem to come from NS. The following are two examples of other fake messages:
Reporting fake emails
Did you receive a fake email or have you seen a fake Facebook message? Can’t you find it in the list above? Then we’d like to hear from you. You can report the email or social media message to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can put the example in the attachment. In case of an email, tell us the address it came from and the subject line. Your message will be used to recognise fake emails better in the future and to inform other customers.
Not sure whether an email is from NS?
All email addresses that end in @ns.nl are from us. We also use the following email adresses:
- Web pages for which the URL starts with: https://webforms.tripolis.com: these are usually forms