Rates in 2019
As of 1 January 2019, the rates for various train tickets and season tickets have changed to reflect the expected rate of inflation and the increase of the low VAT rate from 6% to 9%. The consumer fares for 2019 are listed here and in the NS app.
Announcement of 2020 rates
- Second class one-way tickets and day returns using the OV-chipkaart, the NS Business Card, single-use chipkaart or e-ticket will increase in price by an average of 1.5% as of 1 January 2020.
- The Bicycle Ticket Off-peak will cost € 7.50.
- The price of Railrunner, Groupticket and Day Ticket Dog will not increase.
- Traject Vrij, Altijd Vrij and the Grensabonnement will increase in price by an average of 1.5% as of 1 January 2020.
- If you already have an NS season ticket, then the price increase will only take effect when you renew your season ticket.
- The price of the 2-1 Supplement will not increase.