Go to content

Main navigation

Refunds for loss or theft

If your OV-chipkaart or NS-Business Card with a season ticket is lost or stolen, then you can request a replacement card. If you need your season ticket, but your replacement card has not yet arrived, you can request temporary travel via Mijn NS or NS Customer Service. Temporary tickets are not available with the NS-Business Card. Read below for more information about how to claim travel expenses.

Blocking my OV-chipkaart

Has your OV-chipkaart or NS-Business Card with a season ticket been lost or stolen? If so, you should block your card and request a new one.

Travelling with a temporary ticket

While you are waiting for your new OV-chipkaart to arrive, you can continue to use your season ticket with a temporary ticket by downloading your season ticket to a temporary personal or anonymous OV-chipkaart. The temporary ticket option is not available for the NS-Business Card. If you are waiting for a new OV-chipkaart or NS-Business Card, then you can also travel with an e-ticket or an anonymous or single-use OV-chipkaart.

Claiming refunds for travel costs with a replacement ticket

Anonymous OV-chipkaart, single-use chipkaart, or e-tickets

When your season ticket is lost or stolen, you can almost always request a refund for the travels you make with a replacement ticket. Replacement tickets include: an anonymous OV-chipkaart, a single-use chipkaart, or an e-ticket.

You may request refunds starting from 3 working days after you have requested a replacement card. For the Voordeelurenabonnement, you can request a refund after 10 working days. You can continue to request refunds for travels using a replacement card for one month after you order the new card. This period does not apply to declarations for travels with your OV-Jaarabonnement or Jaartrajectabonnement 

Use the button below to submit a refund request.

Claiming refunds for travel with an NS-Business Card

If your NS-Business Card with a Traject Vrij, Trein Vrij or OV Vrij season ticket is lost or stolen, you may request a refund for the extra costs that are covered by your season tickets. You can request refunds for a period of up to 14 days while you are waiting for your new NS-Business Card.

Submit your NS-Business Card expense claim by post

To request a refund, send proof of your journeys to NS Zakelijk Customer Service, Postbus 2372, 3500 GJ Utrecht with reference to: refund request.

Include the following information:

  • your name;
  • your bank account number;
  • your NS-Business Card number;
  • the reason why you are requesting a refund.

You can submit a refund request up to 90 days after your travels.