Park + Ride
When you want an easy and dry way to get to the station, you can drive yourself and park at a nearby Q-Park P+R facility. When you continue your journey with your OV-chipkaart, you can save even more money on parking!
Affordable parking at the station
When you continue your journey by train using your OV-chipkaart, you can park with a discount or even for free at the Q-Park P+R facility near the station. The special daily rate depends on the location, but is always between € 0 and € 8 per day.
This special daily rate applies in combination with a train journey on the same day, when you check in and out using your OV-chipkaart. The rate applies to all public transport companies, not only journeys with NS.
When you leave the parking facility, hold your OV-chipkaart against the card reader and the rate will be corrected automatically. That's all you have to do. It's also easy to pay for parking: simply use your bank card when you enter and exit the parking facility.
The benefits of parking at a Q-Park P+R facility
- You can park near the station
- If you travel the same day using your OV-chipkaart, you receive a special daily rate of max. € 8 per day
- Quick and easy payment with your bank card or credit card.
If you have one of these OV-chipkaarten, you are eligible for the special daily rate:
- Personal OV-chipkaart or NS Business Card
- Anonymous OV-chipkaart
- Single-use chipkaart (train ticket from the ticket machine)
If you bought your train ticket online or via the NS app, then unfortunately you cannot receive the discount.
How to get the discount
You can easily enter and exit a Q-Park P+R facility using your bank card or credit card. You don't even need to use a pin code for amounts under € 50. Here's how it works:
- When you enter the parking facility, insert your bank card or credit card into the card reader. The gate will then open and you can park your car.
- When you leave, hold your OV-chipkaart against the card reader at the exit terminal. The system will check whether you've travelled by train that day, and it will automatically activate the special daily rate. Free day ticket? If you have a free day ticket, hold it against the card reader first, then your OV-chipkaart, then your bank card. That way, you won't have to pay for parking.
- Next, insert your bank card or credit card in the card reader again.
- If you would like a receipt, press the 'Kwitantie' button on the post.
- The gate will open, and you can drive away.
You can pay with a Maestro bank card, Mastercard, Visa, VPay, American Express, Yellowbrick, MultiTankCard and Travelcard up to a maximum amount of € 50.
Good to know: you will only receive the special daily rate if you have checked in- and out that day using your OV-chipkaart. The special daily rate applies in combination with a train journey on any rail carrier, not only NS.
Parking season ticket
You also receive a discount on a parking season ticket with Q-Park, if you travel using one of the following NS season tickets:
- NS Altijd Vrij and NS Traject Vrij Jaar season ticket: you receive a discount on an annual or monthly parking season ticket.
- NS Altijd Vrij and NS Traject Vrij Maand season ticket: you receive a discount on a monthly parking season ticket.
- With other season tickets you only receive the special daily rate if you check in and out with your OV-chipkaart on the same day that you park at a Q-Park P+R car park.
To get a parking season ticket, you must apply to Q-Park, the manager and operator of the P+R car parks. For more information or to apply for a season ticket, visit their website Q-Park or call Q-Park Customer Services: 088-3295100 (available on weekdays between 09:00 and 17:00).
Parking facilities at your station
Virtually every station has a parking lot where you can park your car. They range from unsupervised parking lots where you can park for free, to paid Q-Park facilities.