Park + Ride
You can get to the station easily and stay dry if you come by car. You can park nearby for a reasonable price in the P+R (Q-Park) car park.
Discounted parking at the station
When travelling with NS using an OV-chipkaart you receive a 30% discount on the parking fees in the P+R car park. The discount is only valid if you check in and out with your OV-chipkaart with NS on the same day. Hold your OV-chipkaart in front of the card reader when leaving the car park and your discount will be calculated automatically.
The following OV-chipkaarten provide discounts:
- Personal OV-chipkaart (issued to a specific person)
- Anonymous OV-chipkaart
- Single-use chipkaart (ticket issued by a ticket machine or a sale ticket)
If you have purchased your train ticket online or via the Travel Planner Xtra app (with QR-code), you are unfortunately ineligible for a discount.
The benefits of parking at a P+R facility
- You can park close to the station
- If you travel with your OV-chipkaart on the same day then you will receive a discount
- Payment is now even easier using your Maestro debit card or credit card
How you receive your discount
From now on, you can easily drive in and out of the P+R (Q-Park) at the station using your Maestro debit card, without the use of your pin code and up to € 50 at a time. You no longer need to go to the ticket machine.
- When leaving the car park, first hold your OV-chipkaart against the card reader on the payment terminal at the exit. The system will check whether you travelled with NS on that day.
- Next, insert the credit or debit card you used to enter the car park into the card reader. The system will register the time that you leave.
- If you would like a receipt, press the 'kwitantie' button on the pillar.
- The barrier will open, and you can leave the car park.
You can pay with your Maestro card, Mastercard, Visa, VPay, American Express, Yellowbrick, MultiTankCard and Travelcard up to a maximum of € 50 at a time.
Good to know: you will only receive your discount if you have checked in and out with your OV-chipkaart with NS on the same day.
Parking season ticket
You also receive a discount on a parking season ticket with Q-Park, if you travel using one of the following NS season tickets:
- NS Altijd Vrij and NS Traject Vrij Jaar season ticket: you receive a discount on an annual or monthly parking season ticket.
- NS Altijd Vrij and NS Traject Vrij Maand season ticket: you receive a discount on a monthly parking season ticket.
- With other season tickets you only receive a discount if you check in and out with NS with your OV-chipkaart on the same day that you park at a Q-Park P+R car park.
To get a parking season ticket, you must apply to Q-Park, the manager and operator of the paid P+R car parks. For more information or to apply for a season ticket, visit their website Q-Park or call Q-Park Customer Services: 0900 - 4466880 (available on weekdays between 08:30 and 18:00, € 0.45 per call).
Car parks at your station
You can find a car park at almost all stations. Some of these are unattended car parks where you can park for free and others are Q-Park car parks that you must pay to use.