Compensation for the disruption on 3 April
First of all: we deeply regret the inconvenience caused by the disruption on 3 April. We realise this forced us to appeal to your understanding and self-reliance. This is not what you normally expect from us and it should not have happened. We would therefore like to offer various options for compensation for that day. Please review the options below that let you qualify for compensation or a replacement ticket.
Have you submitted a claim form?
Please know that we have received your message but we need more time to respond. Therefore, you do not need to send another message. If you have submitted a claim but were unable to send proof, we may ask you for proof afterwards. Also for this, you do not need to contact us now.
Do you want to file a claim?
We advise you to use our online claim form. Please allow us at least a week for processing, due to the many request we receive currently. Thank you for your understanding.
I had a ticket for 3 April. It is no longer valid and I still want to complete my journey.
There are two ways you are still able to travel:
- Contact NS Customer Service for a coupon code for a free e-ticket.
- Purchase a new ticket yourself (check in/buy a ticket) and declare it afterwards to NS Customer Service.
Please note: you must submit your claim using your valid ticket from 3 April (and 4 April if you have already purchased a ticket for that day), so do not throw it away.
I have incurred expenses on 3 April due to the disruption that I would like to be reimbursed for.
Did you incur additional costs due to the disruption? Please complete the online claim form or contact NS Customer Service. You can submit a claim for costs incurred on 3 April, such as to hotel costs, cab costs, costs of using alternative means of transportation.
Important to note:
- We reimburse additional costs for replacement transport with bus, tram or metro operators.
- To be eligible for compensation, you need to be able to present a ticket that was valid on 3 April. This means a season ticket, e-ticket, valid check-in, or one-time chipcard for that date.
- In most cases, we will also ask for proof of the costs you incurred, such as a receipt or invoice.
I had purchased a separate train ticket or e-ticket before 3 April and want to travel on another date.
If you had a separate train ticket or e-ticket for 3 April but were unable to make full use of it, please contact NS Customer Service for a new train ticket. The new train ticket is valid for a new date and the same conditions apply.
I started a journey using my season ticket holder but could not complete it.
Passengers who wanted to travel with a season ticket that was valid on Sunday can use the arrangements for Refunds for Delays.